Referee for the Four Nations Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Referee for the Four Nations Final

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Got one of those "Listen to the Referee" thingys and Cechan was very active constantly, all game, warning the English players to refrain from laying on and delay the Aussie Play The Ball.
Off corse this let the game flow for the Aussies, as the English players done what he said, or they were simply penalised.
Cechin on the other hand allowed the Aussies to lay on, roll the player over as delaying tactics and never spoke to them once to get away from the play the ball like he did to our lads. The Aussies just delayed the PTB until their line was set, whatever time it took.
Of course the game flows when its allowed to.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

If you watch the game with BOTH eyes open you would have seen high shots from BOTH teams. I thought sometimes in the game that the poms laid on the player with the ball that long we should have charged them rent.The penalty try was a joke.Him loosing the ball had nothing to do with JT.it had more to do with luke Lewis,
just accept the fact that AUSTRALIA is way ahead of English RL that is why England haven`t won a tournament on home soil for approx 49 yrs.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

it was Luke lewis who knocked the ball free.It was just a loose carry that shouldn`t have been rewarded with a try.But at least the video ref helped you get a score.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Nowhere near his head. WATCH it AGAIN with both eyes open. If you think cecchin was on our side then I have to say YOU DIDN`T WATCH THE MATCH
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

I could only come to that conclusion because of the biased comments that you come out with.The knee knocked the ball out nowhere near his head.
But I spose you have to be happy with any score against the MIGHTY KANGAROOS
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Stormfan wrote:I could only come to that conclusion because of the biased comments that you come out with.The knee knocked the ball out nowhere near his head.
But I spose you have to be happy with any score against the MIGHTY KANGAROOS
Mary, you will find that most English Rugby League fans do understand and accept that Australia is far ahead of our English RL game.
That being the case and to add insult to injury why allocate an Aussie official for the final.
IMO it was simply to ensure all goes to plan which is way out of order.
Tim Sheens is the bloke who cryed wolf at the refereeing by Phil Bentham in the Aussie Kiwi game, this ending Bentham's chances of the final.
We feel that in RL if the Aussies shout and complain loud enough they basically get what they want, Simple As.
Thurston should have been carded, yellow or red, take your pick.
Any foul act in scoring a try leads to what is called a Penalty Try.
IMO Johnathan Thurstons tackle on Ryan Hall was seen as a foul act whilst scoring a try, do you disagree.
Mike.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Hi Mike.. in my opinion Ceccin was absolutely no benefit to the Aussies.Who did England want to ref the final?to say the the player was KNEED in the head going for the try wasn`t fact. JT tried to tackle him but it was a little high but the player didn`t seem to be impeded by JT and he continued on and LL kneed the ball out and RH lost the ball over the line. i have no problem when a team scores a penalty try IF it is a penalty try.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Stormfan wrote:Nowhere near his head. WATCH it AGAIN with both eyes open. If you think cecchin was on our side then I have to say YOU DIDN`T WATCH THE MATCH
Stormfan, you aren't doing yourself any favours here. It was foul play by cynical players who, just perhaps, might be better people than that. Any fair minded fan, whichever side you support wouldn't make excuses for what was intentional foul play. Can't stop him by fair means so do what ever is necessary. A deliberate high tackle followed by deliberate knees into the head should be severely punished. There's a case to say that both Thurston and Lewis should have walked along with a penalty try awarded.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

if I want to write spose I can Mr english teacher.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

love to continue chat with you biased fans but I have to go to work. it is 8.20 in beautiful sunny adelaide