Wigan Shirts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevowarrior

Wigan Shirts

Post by stevowarrior »

I dont know about you but I was very disappointed to see the club launch two new shirts (home & away) in the same season. They once promised not to do this.
Perhaps someone needs the monet to pay some policing costs.
What I would like to know is, do the Wigan fans really like these 'traditional shirts' they churn out (the club say you do), surely it is easier to dig an old one out of the wardrobe rather than keep buying them?
Finally the most imaginitive Wigan shirt was that used in SL2 (1997) and is the only truly replica shirt issued in Super League - its the only one to carry the Super League logo.
mario

Re: Wigan Shirts

Post by mario »

stevowarrior posted:
I dont know about you but I was very disappointed to see the club launch two new shirts (home & away) in the same season. They once promised not to do this.
Perhaps someone needs the monet to pay some policing costs.
What I would like to know is, do the Wigan fans really like these 'traditional shirts' they churn out (the club say you do), surely it is easier to dig an old one out of the wardrobe rather than keep buying them?
Finally the most imaginitive Wigan shirt was that used in SL2 (1997) and is the only truly replica shirt issued in Super League - its the only one to carry the Super League logo.
Got to be the worse shirt we've had though!
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

I personally dont mind buying two shirts in a season, it is a hassle though and if you cant afford 66 quid in two months then your knackered! They should alternate relaesing the home and away shirt so they are selling one shirt a year. Then at least they are being fair. Then again being fair isnt good business!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

Im not being funny, but no-one is forcing you to buy the shirts, if you want to and can, then do, if you dont want to then dont.

Its been in the media for AGES that we were getting a new away shirt (Not just in the paper, but also on the internet) and with this in mind, i kept putting some money away so that i could afford them when they came out.

Its not like they bring out both shirts each year. Yes they brought out an away shirt last year (04) but they didnt bring out a home shirt. The home shirt last year was for 2003-2004. Yes the away one was only for a year, but the home shirt is more popular than the away one.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It used to bother me when I was a child because my parents wouldn't buy me two shirts each season but not really fussed now, it means I've got more shirts for best.
warriors

Post by warriors »

I think this season they brought out home an away, is coz they have a new sponser.
An it would look right if the home one had a different sponser from the away.

But if that is not right i will be 'Creaked' by rob, fraggle an Mrs lam.

ORRRR they could just becoming like football an bringing them both out.
I would prefer to get one every season, home or away.
chloe

Post by chloe »

sorry if this upsets you guys but they bring new shirts out to make money, its a business and they make there money off supporters they dont do it to keep you happy. Although if they bring out 2 new shirts a year you can always buy the other one for a birthday present or something......and do you really care if youve got the old shirt new shirt or no shirt at all.....I know its 'supporting' your team but if you cant afford it dont buy it....like anything in life really! :conf:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I don't see the problem at all. I buy the home shirt when I can afford it, I'm not trying to make a point by buying the shirt every season that doesn't make you any more of a fan. Why do you need to buy both home and away shirts? I'm not a mum but I know mine and I know that when I was younger I got what we could afford and was happy with it.
If you can't afford it, don't get it no one is going to think any less of you. My dad has got one Wigan shirt from the 70's/80's I think and he still wears that
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I always liked it getting a shirt with my favourite player's number on the back - and that bumps the price up even more!

To be honest I prefer the old Puma shirts from the early nineties. :roll: However people always feel they're bigger fans if they have either the latest or a really old shirt.

I would imagine that they changed both shirts at once because they are both of the same design, the only real difference being colours - they probably got a discount on getting them all done at once! lol
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------