An Aus View

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

An Aus View

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.bigpondsport.com/bring-on-th ... fault.aspx
On the other hand, this tournament has shown once again how far Australian television's sports coverage is ahead of other nations. The choice of camera angles and quality of pictures from the host broadcasters in Britain has been poor. Furthermore, the exposure of non-regular UK SuperLeague watchers to the inane stylings and inordinate bias of commentators 'Eddie and Stevo' is a reminder that the game callers we have in Australia are not too bad after all.
Sam Tomkins: tough hombre

He might look like Brett Mullins after a stint at Jenny Craig, but wispy England full-back Sam Tomkins won new fans with the resilience he showed against New Zealand. The Kiwis were clearly hell-bent on hurting countryman Rangi Chase and tournament wonderboy Tomkins. Early in the game Tomkins was hit high, then copped a cynical Jeremy Smith elbow as he was prone. He leapt back to his feet. Five minutes later he was sandwiched by three Kiwi forwards. Again he rebounded to chime in to the next backline movement. We knew he could run and swerve and catch, but he deserves kudos in abundance for his physical courage.
jobo

Re: An Aus View

Post by jobo »

Not only are the Aussies the best RL side (at least until Saturday I hope)but their RL sports writers are better to.

Wish Sky would get Rabbits and Sterling over to do the commentary
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Good article - Enjoyed reading it :cool:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jobo wrote:Not only are the Aussies the best RL side (at least until Saturday I hope)but their RL sports writers are better to.

They will still be the best side after Saturday and they will still have the best commentators and pundits.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jobo

Post by jobo »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
jobo wrote:Not only are the Aussies the best RL side (at least until Saturday I hope)but their RL sports writers are better to.

They will still be the best side after Saturday and they will still have the best commentators and pundits.
Only if they beat us, which they probably will but you never know
:( :(
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

sterling and ray warren are quality commentators. ray warren gets well excited which is great.

hows ray warrens treatment going on?
IN WANE WE TRUST
jobo

Post by jobo »

eccywarrior wrote:sterling and ray warren are quality commentators. ray warren gets well excited which is great.

hows ray warrens treatment going on?
He's still commentating so probably ok. He had his op a while back I think.
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

I've given up getting wound up about Eddie and Stevo now. I don't know of any fans from any team who actually enjoy their commentary. It's amateur argument and drone at best. Why Sky still employ them, is far beyond me.

Carney, McRae, Nobby, Kear, Barrie Mac, Terry O, Jon Wells, Robbie Paul, Paul Culen..... The list of possible replacements is huge. The mind boggles.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Stevo maybe isnt the best of commontators but there are very few out there that stick up for Rugby League as much as he does.
He always mentions how good Rugby League is, especially in light of the kick and clap drivel.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

tbh its eddie who shouldnt be commentating. hes a football man and should leave the game well alone as he just talks utter rubbish.
IN WANE WE TRUST