parking

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
h's wife

parking

Post by h's wife »

Can anyone throw any light on the parking situation at robin park as I don't actually come from wigan, When they put the barriers up the signs said they would be locked from 8pm, I never found this happened, intend parking there this year but wanted to know if anyone knew if they intend actually doing this as don't want to find ourselves locked in.

Great site look forward to visiting it regularly.

h's wife
thanks everyone for your advice on parking will do what you said and park round the back not worth the risk as you say.
mario

Re: parking

Post by mario »

We park around the back near the soccer dome. You will probibly find it's a lot quicker to get out as well.
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

They sometimes shut the car park, you'll be chancing it if you do park there. Its better to park round the back of the JJB.
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Only time we parked there was the very first match against Castleford, would never park there again. It took 3 hours getting out, we live about 10 minutes (by car) down the road and we got home just before midnight. There's no real advantage to parking on Robin Park, the JJB car park itself is free and its not worth the risk of being locked in. Like someone has already said, they do sometimes lock the gates.
We always park in the 'away' supporters car park where the coaches go, this way we have a choice of two exits, either up past the soccerdome or past B&Q. Traffics not nearly as bad as it used to be after matches.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

One of the little side streets just up from the Saddle for me.

Parked there ever since the game against Warrington, where we won with the last minute Andy Farrell drop goal. It was my ex's birthday, and I was still on the car park half an hour after I said i'd pick her up (with an half hour's drive ahead of me).

Was worth being in the dog house to see the end though.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Alex the Warrior posted:
One of the little side streets just up from the Saddle for me.
But be careful with your car, I've had mine broken into twice in little side streets around there. The annoying thing was that 2nd time around there was nothing to steal, no stereo, no CD's, nothing. A shame the little sh*ts haven't got better things to do, or there isn't proper punishment on the rare occasions such people do get caught.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

be carefull if you park on the robin park as there has been gypsies parking there caravans on it and they are a lot more vigalant now. i caught a youth breaking into my car a few years back now. i think i managed to explain in a language he understood that it was wrong to do it. enough said.!!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Go down stadium way up the side of the new B&Q and park on the official car park.

Never any problem getting away from there.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

I forgot to say that its also free parking.

Couldnt be easier.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

i agree tricky dickie the car park behind the south stand is a good one as is the one to the back of the soccer dome. Its like every other stadium it takes time to get away from it but when you have won who cares lol

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx