Davico update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Davico update

Post by MrsLam »

Looks like we are making a move for someone else while he's in hospital.

http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... eID=937464
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Re: Davico update

Post by mrs_carney »

shame that, was really looking forward to seeing him play. So does that mean his career is sort of over?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

mrs_carney posted:
shame that, was really looking forward to seeing him play. So does that mean his career is sort of over?
Doubt it, he'll be back, eventually!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mrs_carney posted:
Possibly. Given it's been two ops on the same injury, the medical people may tell him he can't play any more without further risking the injury, or at least tell him we needs a LOT of rest (> 1 season?). Given his age, and depending upon the risk assessment of further injury, those 2 minutes at Salford may be the end. I hope not, it's not a good way for a player to have to hang up his boots and certainly one of the least glamorous settings in the UK for a last match, but we won't know for several months.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
proud_pie_eater

It will be good for Wigan though, to get somone in his place until he's better. Wigan could also keep a new prop on board (even when Davico's recovered) because at least we wont be back in this situation, AGAIN!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

My dad had a good idea that we could get a new prop and drop davico from the squad, so we are keeping him but hes not on the 20/20 thing, like we did with brian last year, and then next year if hes fit see what happens
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

i thaught we needed another prop anyway for cover. I hope he gets well Davico he looked a good one.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
proud_pie_eater

They will take him off the quota though like they did with Carney last year, they will just get round it by paying his wife or something!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:So does that mean his career is sort of over?
It could mean that, yes. He is 31 and could face the whole season on the sidelines to recover prorperly and then then he might not make a recovery good enough to allow him to play again.

I am very disapointed because I really did think he would be a player out of the David Furner mould, It is also very sad for the player but we must look elsewhere for this season IMO.

That said there is a dose of realism at the end of the linked artical IMO, where Mo says most players are already tied to contracts for the season. I don't think we should get our hopes up for a replacement.

Dave

ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

They wont try to sign a quality player and keep Davico aswel, they cant do. No quality player is going to come in for half a season and leave himself without a club after, no club is going to loan out a quality player for half a season, not 2 weeks before the league starts. Saying we can sign a quality prop and Davico gets fit, we cant accommodate them both on the 20/20 rule. To me this looks like a complete replcement, not a stand in until hes fit, thats how ive read all these comments coming from various parties at the club.