Rugby league live ps3

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
eccywarrior

Rugby league live ps3

Post by eccywarrior »

anyone know where my nephew can get this game? all internet sites like amazon etc are charging £65 which for me is rip off considering its not that special.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Rugby league live ps3

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

possibly the worst game ever made!, but maybe ebay.I got it because i liked rugby league 2 but it seems like they basically took everything they did well in 2 and binned it and did everything else worse
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

its not that bad wf. i see where you coming from as in terms of rugby league 2 but it was done by big ant and not sidhe but im still playing as its and probs be only rl game on ps3
IN WANE WE TRUST
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

regerding ps 3, can you get them chipped to play downloaded games yet or is it still not possible to do it, something about getting banned, I dont know, but I want one but not at forty odd pound a pop for a game.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

what I've seen of this game it is very alike to the PS2 version. This was poor when played against the computer opponent but ok when played against a friend.

But the best thing is online play, where you can play against RL fans from around the world.

The problem is it only appeals to die hard RL fans and compared to PS3 owners this is very small. Therefore not many were produced, so even on ebay they can still go for over £50.

As for chipping, both PS3 and Xbox use downloadable updates that check the system. Once it detects a chip, it bricks the console. If you do get it chipped then you need to disable online, but with this you lose out the the best bit of game.

This is why these days COD games are focused on online play and not the basic game.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

most game companys are also cashing in on re-sale now by making you by "online" codes for games.

I felt RL3 was a step backwards from RL2, i agree that the computer is far too easy esp on RL2 id have some games where i won 140-0 on legend.

They took all the customization out the game and i didnt feel the graphics had improved any

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

eccywarrior wrote:anyone know where my nephew can get this game? all internet sites like amazon etc are charging £65 which for me is rip off considering its not that special.
If you are still looking for the game and want it cheap or best bet is looking for it preowned, I found it for £20 in Liverpool, I had mine shipped over form New Zealand so that I wouldn't have Kyle Eastmonds face on it.

The game itself lacks a lot of features, most notable the ability to update teams but the gameplay is a massive improvement on RL2.

A lot of people complain about the game play because unlike RL2 you can't simply pass to the wing and score. You have to play the game much more like real rugby which can require a bit of patience because if you through the ball around too early your players will drop it. Learn how to play and you can score so pretty impressive tries.

With limited teams and game modes its not a game you can play for hours.

Happy gaming