Rads to play in testimonial

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Rads to play in testimonial

Post by Kiwiseddon »

According to Lockers on Twitter.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
josie andrews

Re: Rads to play in testimonial

Post by josie andrews »

He said he has asked him to play, whether he does or not is another matter :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

josie andrews wrote:He said he has asked him to play, whether he does or not is another matter :wink:
Hope not, don't want the game to turn into a panto. The players need a proper workout, not a mess about.

I remember going to Nicky Kiss's and it was crazy, they played different sports with a rugby ball, including football, good fun, but not much of a match.

kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

sam has wrote on twitter,
"great to see Rads making a comeback", "May even be a few more surprises on the night",
So who else do you reckon is going to have a go, maybe Lockers brother in law?.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
BriH

Post by BriH »

Billy Boston?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Im going to the match and while it would be epic to see Rads once again don the Cherry and White, i agree i dont want this match to be a panto, there arent many pre-season matches and some of the lads still need to blow off the cobwebs. Plus if Hudds know we are treating it as a joke they may bring a far weaker team than they might of done. Good PR, Poor preperation
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Also heard that Joel Tomkins is gonna make an appearance as well
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

You do need to ask, is this being treated as a pre season game or a testimonial. If a pre season game, I wouldn't expect lockers to play if he is still carrying a niggling injury.
Hard one to call, as I am sure most fans would love to see some "surprises"!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I know this is by way of a thank you for the hard work put in by Lockers.But my impression is that albeit a testimonial we should also be treating the game with the respect it deserves.This is an opportunity to test the strength of the opposition and every opportunity to give the lads a good blow out.We need to see at what stage the players are at before the season begins.Whilst being a massive fan of Rads it would have been nice to see him at a younger and fitter age.Sadly this is not the case.I also appreciate that some of the names mentioned will be at the request of Lockers and I am mindful of this.However I do wish to see a game in which both teams compete and not a knock about.Call me selfish if you wish but this is my stance on things. I also hope that it is going to be a big turn out for a stalwart of the club and game. :D
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

many fans called for a Testimonial Game for Lockers and now we have it we should treat it as a friendly?. this is a game to thank Lockers for his services to the club before the serious business begins, Hudds wont play too strong a team anyway becasue they wont want to show their hand before Feb 5th.
I hope Rads plays and who knows maybe Deacs and Coles will be tempted to pull the boots on one more time. JT playing would be interesting although i dont see that happening, i mean who in the right mind would allow a contracted player to play for another sport in a meaningless freindly.. o er... :D :wink: