Stobart super league title sponsers

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wiggydoran

Stobart super league title sponsers

Post by wiggydoran »

According to the SL web site. RFL to give press conference on Wednesday.

could this be a conflicted of interest with Stobart sponsering widnes?
exile in Tiger country

Re: Stobart super league title sponsers

Post by exile in Tiger country »

wiggydoran wrote:According to the SL web site. RFL to give press conference on Wednesday.

It's worse than that, isnt O'Connor the Widnes chairman (not Tez) CEO at Stobart or something similar?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i think its great news and hope its biggest sponsor yet.
least its heard of unlike carnegie or engage.
IN WANE WE TRUST
pieeater

Sponsor

Post by pieeater »

So its the Stobart super league for 2012. Good one!!!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mike binder

Re: Sponsor

Post by mike binder »

have you only just found that out , was mentioned months ago
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
josie andrews

Re: Sponsor

Post by josie andrews »

mike binder wrote:have you only just found that out , was mentioned months ago
Not too sure about that Mike. The reason there aren't any SL sponsor badges on players & replica shirts is because they hadn't got a sponsor up until last week!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

wiggydoran wrote:According to the SL web site. RFL to give press conference on Wednesday.

JJB sponsored SL as well as Wigan
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Why?
Cant think of any problems when it was sponsored by JJB
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Any sponsor in the modern climate is a very very good thing. They should name a truck after each team
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

according to today's league express the RFL aren't receiving a bean in sponsorship money, they are instead getting club names on lorries, club badges on lorries, pictures of players on sides of lorries ETC, they may name some lorries after players so we might see Jamie Peacock going past us on the road instead of Suzy, it says you see a Eddie Stobart every 4 1/2 minutes on the motorway, clubs get to choose what routes they want as well. It sounds like they have gone for advertising over money and I am glad about that. Betfair offered £750 k which is still low compared to £1.2million last year off Engage, but the RFL didn't want their main sponsor being associated with gambling. The RFL were considering having no main sponsor but instead a group of sponsors like the champions league in football. Having said all this I am still not sure Eddie Stobart is a big enough brand, surely for no money being paid out a company like "Pepsi" or similar would have been interested and I am sure more people know Pepsi over Stobart. Having said all that it's better than Carnegie or Engage. Well done RFL for once you have done alright I reckon.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007