Magic Weekend 2012

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gizmo_Edwards

Magic Weekend 2012

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

The Etihad Stadium in Manchester will host a full round of Super League fixtures in May next year when Rugby League’s Magic Weekend moves to the home of Manchester City FC in 2012.

Tickets are currently on sale in the unreserved lower tier and in reserved seating blocks 204 and 223 in the middle tier.

The Fixtures are as follows:

SATURDAY
1pm - Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Wildcats
4pm - Warrington Wolves v Widnes Vikings
7pm - Hull FC v Hull KR

SUNDAY
12pm - Catalan Dragons v London Broncos
2pm - Huddersfield Giants v Salford City Reds
4pm - Bradford Bulls v Leeds Rhinos
6pm - St Helens v Wigan Warriors

However, you can not get 50% season ticket discount from the RFL if you book tickets with them.

Will have to wait until you can buy tickets direct from Wigan Ticket office.

This is punishing season ticket holders.

Is anyone in the know about when we can purchase a Sunday ticket from the club???
Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...
First Try Tickle

Re: Magic Weekend 2012

Post by First Try Tickle »

Wigan fans should boycott it due to the fixtures given again.

The Wigan and saints match is almost guaranteed to be low scoring with one of the title favourites dropping 2 valuable points.

However Warrington and Leeds get very easy games where they are almost guaranteed 2 points and a good opportunity to rack up the points.

Its shocking just because wigan saints is the top derby and will sell seats.

pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

First Try Tickle wrote:Wigan fans should boycott it due to the fixtures given again.

The Wigan and saints match is almost guaranteed to be low scoring with one of the title favourites dropping 2 valuable points.

However Warrington and Leeds get very easy games where they are almost guaranteed 2 points and a good opportunity to rack up the points.

Well said, I agree totally.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

For goodness sake get over yourself
What happened to just enjoying the rugby. I know not everyone likes the concept but ive been to them all and loved them all
I bet you think its a Red Hall conspiracey
and the CIA shot JFK and the moon landings were filmed in some guys shed we play them all over the season so what does it matter.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Can't wait :)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Mrs Lifter wrote:For goodness sake get over yourself
What happened to just enjoying the rugby. I know not everyone likes the concept but ive been to them all and loved them all
I bet you think its a Red Hall conspiracey
[and the CIA shot JFK and the moon landings were filmed in some guys shed] we play them all over the season so what does it matter.
I agree with most of the above sentiments.But I can say with all certainty that Lee Harvey Oswald shot my Bunny Rabbit. :wink:
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I will be there cheering the lads on
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

First Try Tickle wrote:Wigan fans should boycott it due to the fixtures given again.

Agree totally, two easy points for Wire again. If they must continue with this so called magic, then it should either be the fixture that was due that week, or play derby games, but alternate years one team doesn't get a game at their own stadium.
At least it's not hundreds of miles from where the fans live, and the stadium might be on it's way too half full..
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

look at it another way if we werent playing saints on the final showpiece match that magic weekend wouldnt be worth going too we are the star attraction ,top billing like a boxing match all the undercards on nbefore the star billing :D
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Are many of you going? Any suggestions for hotels