Oh No, our season is over!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TonyH

Oh No, our season is over!

Post by TonyH »

Hudds are 20-12 up at this point and Facebook has already seen the doubters whinging already. Just thought I'd get this in there before everyone else does.......

:roll:
Up The Mont!
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Oh No, our season is over!

Post by Mike »

Wanes not up to the job

:conf:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

All joking aside, how could our forwards be so poor given that the Giants had two props playing?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wasn't expecting too much from the first game and that's what I got. If Wane's comments arre to be believed, we will see a different set of players next week. And therein,methinks, lies the pproblem!
GBH

Post by GBH »

just appalling nobody seemed to shine Silverwood was useless, but at the end of the day we just had no magic! No apologies to Farrell and Hock who did seem up for it! but the rest mediocre to say the least....

The big question is why on earth on the run up to the start of the season have we been playing the under 20's and not the normal time missing the opportunity to gel...
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Our kicking game was the biggest problem in the first half. Huddersfield were regularly receiving the ball straight in their hands on the 30 and then kicking with pressure down to our 10. Other than that, The first half was very level.

I guess we'll see how we get on, but I don't see any added value to last years set-up. Waney should pay heed that there's a big difference between being an assistant coach in a brilliant setup to being your own gaffer. He made a point of saying when he was appointed that there were games last year that we lost that we should have won. Well this was one of those.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Hudds came with a simple game plan. Kick deep and often early so play the game in the away half as much as possible and slow the play the ball down.

They accomplished both with 9 first teamers missing and we had no answer.

Our kicking game in contrast was appalling. There was an ironic cheer in the second half when a McIlorum kick was just about the first kick from any Wigan player not to go down a Hudds players throat.

When we were in attack they were constantly messing about at the play the ball and slowing it down and were often offside. Smart tactics from a team missing so many regular players. As soon as we saw that was their game plan O'Loughin should have been bending Silverwoods ear about it. Brough was certainly not backwards at pointing out any slight problem out to the ref but O'Loughin never said a dicky bird.

I even hard him on GMR on the way home say he thought the game was reffed fairly despite obviously being fed a line by the interviewer. Fair enough he would probably get fined if he did say anything post match but during the match he ought to learn to open his trap a bit more and not let the opposing captain ref the game.

At the end of the day Wigan can have no complaints as we were out-coached, outplayed and out-captained. A big improvement all round is required not to get hammered next week.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Long journey for a poor performance.First game of the season and all that but not a game that leaves me with a better next time mentality.Just hope we put on a better performance than that against the Whino's or we shall be staring down the barrel early in the season.The Aussie contingent always seem to get better as the weather improves so lets just hope for a tropical heatwave instead of an Arctic blast. :conf:
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

I dont want to slaughter them after the first match but we didnt look like we had much of a game plan and our kicking game was terrible to say the least. using Waney's logic surley a couple of lads shouldnt play next week and i would like to see Tom Spencer and Sam Powell get a go. it might be me but Lockers at 6 doesnt work. if Tommy doesnt have a good kicking game in the halves i dont see Lockers being better. for me Powell to start next week with Tommy at 7 and Micky on the bench. we have nothing to lose, we habe already lost the first game.
good crowd on though and lets hope for another big crowd and better performance Vs the "Champions"
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wane out. a joke! this calls for a Fans Forum to vent our anger!
Only 1 game in, lost by 2 kicks really.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame