South stand bar- What happened

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
smudgerii

South stand bar- What happened

Post by smudgerii »

Just been announced that Rads and players wont be in south stand bar after game due to abuse they copped last week.

What happened?
100% Warrior

Re: South stand bar- What happened

Post by 100% Warrior »

If that's true it's not on, sure people will have been disappointed but what does shouting abuse achieve other than add more pressure.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Fair play to Rads and the boys if they said that. The stick they have had to put up with for losing one game was unreal. The reaction and some of the threads and posts, both on here and RLFans, made me feel ashamed of some of our fans.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I think thats a bit harsh if Rads takes that stance.
I was in the South Stand bar after the Hudds game and yes supporters were disappointed, but there was no raised voices or nasty comments towards Rads or Geoff Lima.
To be honest the questions asked of them both were constructive, mainly asking about Wigans style and attitude of play on the night with a comment about why Sam looked so ineffective and the poor kicking game.
Rads stood his corner and Geoff said the lads were poor an the night and would knuckle down and improve for the following week.
Nothing more to it really.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

whoever give rads abuse need to hand there season ticket over and give up. only lost 1st game of season it not a big problem.
IN WANE WE TRUST
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I think thats a bit harsh if Rads takes that stance.
I was in the South Stand bar after the Hudds game and yes supporters were disappointed, but there was no raised voices or nasty comments towards Rads or Geoff Lima.
To be honest the questions asked of them both were constructive, mainly asking about Wigans style and attitude of play on the night with a comment about why Sam looked so ineffective and the poor kicking game.
Rads stood his corner and Geoff said the lads were poor an the night and would knuckle down and improve for the following week.
Nothing more to it really.
Never been to the South Stand Bar after the game. Have a long journey home so head off but always thought it was a nice idea, win or lose, some senior representatives from the club came to see the fans. A little bit disappointing if a person I respect i.e. Rads took this stance because it is really is par for the course that if you play as Wigan did last week the reception you get won't be the best.

A man of his experience should be able to take this on the chin and given our squad and despite tonight's well deserved victory he might find himself facing a few disappointed fans in the future this season. He (and the players) need to deal with it and remember once they overcome the problems what sort of reception they will get instead.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

eccywarrior wrote:whoever give rads abuse need to hand there season ticket over and give up. only lost 1st game of season it not a big problem.
Agree with that but its no reason for Rads to take his ball home. People pay SSB rip off prices for a reason. I stopped paying them long ago!
doc

Post by doc »

Not been in SS bar yet this year.

Criticism is one thing, but personal abuse is entirely different, and if this was the case, fair enough.

Those criticising this should think how many Premier League footballers/coaches would go down to talk to the fans after the match.

Win or lose, the players and staff still deserve some respect.
Miggy

Post by Miggy »

Kris has just tweeted that his non show in the SSB was due to a review of policy , not due to any abuse.
Take me home, Wigan Road
doc

Post by doc »

Think the "change of policy" will be a bit of a disaster financially for the club. The only reason I go in the SS bar after the match and pay their extortionate beer prices is to hear what Rads and the players have to say about the match. If that isn't going to happen I might as well have a cheaper pint in the pub.