Captain.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Ron Doran

Captain.

Post by Ron Doran »

What are the 'duties' of a captain? None or few I would suggest.
Why not go the way of cricket where a captain is Captain.
He decides the bowler. He decides the field placings and other tactics on the field.
Should the RL captain make similar decisions?
E.& O.E.
TonyH

Re: Captain.

Post by TonyH »

Ron Doran wrote:What are the 'duties' of a captain? None or few I would suggest.
Why not go the way of cricket where a captain is Captain.
He decides the bowler. He decides the field placings and other tactics on the field.
Should the RL captain make similar decisions?
What so Lockers has to run round for 80 minutes telling each player when they are taking the next drive? In my opinion a great captain is someone who leads by example and we inparticular have one of those in Sean O'Loughlin.

Cricketers have a lot of time to think on the field, Rugby is about instincts and playing what is in front of you, the comparison between the two games is pretty much non existant to be honest. :conf:
Up The Mont!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Captains can talk to the ref. They should use this to pressure him by pointing out when desicions are going only one way - or at least to even out the pressure the other captain is applying
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
markill

Post by markill »

Mike wrote:Captains can talk to the ref. They should use this to pressure him by pointing out when desicions are going only one way - or at least to even out the pressure the other captain is applying
Then you really have to spend a lot of time talking to him if you're playing Leeds.

Captains also walk out first..? But seriously, you can see the leadership of some players. Lockers leads our defence so much when you watch kick chases or first tackles after a big break by the oppo he is always there - followed closely by Tommy, H and Micky Mac usually.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod