man of steel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
formulamoto

man of steel

Post by formulamoto »

can anybody explain why sam was beaten to last years man of steel by chase? going by sundays performance sam has no chance this year either
jobo

Re: man of steel

Post by jobo »

formulamoto wrote:can anybody explain why sam was beaten to last years man of steel by chase? going by sundays performance sam has no chance this year either
Don't think there is an explanation. You could argue that Sam tailed off towards the end of last season but the vote took place prior to that. The players vote for MOS and they picked Rangi Chase. Could have been a jealousy factor from certain players, who knows.

From Sundays performance though Sam is better this year than last, if that's possible and is head and shoulders the best player in SL at the moment. If he carries this through, he can't be denied this year but then again look what happened to Trent Barret
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

The reason i think Sam was not picked for MOS was was for putting his fingers up at the Leeds fans at Wembley.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

RC shined with a mediocre team in front of him/ Sam had a better platform to shine on. Players would see this better than anyone.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Because more players voted for Chase.

Serioulsy though, it must be easier for a player like Chase to stand out in a team like Castleford. Although he is good, he wouldn't be as obvious at a club like Wigan, or even Stains, Wire or Huddersfield. Effectively, he IS Castleford Tigers. Without him they look average at best.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

He certainly was on Sunday. Why he signed a new contract is beyond me!
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

He signed another contract cause he wouldn't have got a work permit for any other SL team due to his court stuff going on down under and it would be the same with any Aussie NRL team, NZ Warriors didn't want him so he had no one else to play for.
Up The Mont!