Castleford Tigers: Fozzard rejoins club as commercial manager

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Castleford Tigers: Fozzard rejoins club as commercial manager

Post by josie andrews »

Former player Nick Fozzard has rejoined Castleford Tigers as their new commercial manager.

Fozzard, 35, began his playing career with Leeds Rhinos and also had spells at Huddersfield Giants, Warrington Wolves, St Helens and Hull KR before joining Tigers at the start of last season.

He moved to Dewsbury Rams last autumn, but earlier this week was forced to retire due to a persistent shoulder injury.

Fozzard, pictured, said: “My body has finally told me to pack in playing and I’ve listened to it. I feel very fortunate to have had such a long and enjoyable career in the game.

“I’m now ready for the next chapter and look forward to embracing some new challenges off the field.”

Tigers chief executive Richard Wright said: “I was very impressed with Nick at the interview.

“Although he hasn’t previous experience of this environment, the presentation he delivered, where he laid out some innovative ideas and a very realistic strategy for growth, showed that he has the business acumen to be a success.”

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-4346537
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Castleford Tigers: Fozzard rejoins club as commercial manager

Post by josie andrews »

Good Luck to Nick Fozzard on his new appointment.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan