Farrell - Judas or Saint

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevowarrior

Re: Farrell - Judas or Sai...

Post by stevowarrior »

Tricky you have summed up my posting very well.

I have no problem with converts either way as long as the time is right in their career. The fact remains Faz is contracted to Wigan and these talks shouldn't be taking place. England RU cannot win the World Cup without a League imput, they bought the last World Cup by acquiring Robinson and they look set to do the same again with Faz. This isnt Sport, what about all the lads playing Union with ambitions to play for England, how must they feel after years of development to loose out to a player brought in from another game. The English RU have shown what they truly are and the only thing that concerns me is that Rugby League in this country could end up as nothing more than a feeder game for the rah rahs.

As for Faz, I'll say it again if you want to go - go now, and let us used the money saved to find a player committed to the Greatest Game.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

stevowarrior posted:
I have no problem with converts either way as long as the time is right in their career. The fact remains Faz is contracted to Wigan and these talks shouldn't be taking place. England RU cannot win the World Cup without a League imput, they bought the last World Cup by acquiring Robinson and they look set to do the same again with Faz. This isnt Sport, what about all the lads playing Union with ambitions to play for England, how must they feel after years of development to loose out to a player brought in from another game. The English RU have shown what they truly are and the only thing that concerns me is that Rugby League in this country could end up as nothing more than a feeder game for the rah rahs.

As for Faz, I'll say it again if you want to go - go now, and let us used the money saved to find a player committed to the Greatest Game.
...from Faz's point of view the time would be right at the end of this season, it would give him time to settle in before the World Cup. Although Union have made the apporach for Faz it's his decision.
The Black Pearl

Re: Farrell - Judas or Saint

Post by The Black Pearl »

On the subject of Faz and Rads off to play tick and pass it ain't no bad thing. While we're at it, lets sell Terry Newton pocket a million and then spend spend, spend. Lets buy Brad Fitler, Sonny Bill Williams and why were flush lets have Adrian Morley as well.

Just a comment on the pitch last night (it was awful), It's nice to see that it's the rugby that will now get the blame for the the Lactics not going up. Ha Ha
Pain is temporary pride is forever
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

No change in the salary cap is going to stop players moving to union.. The only thing that is going to give rugby league the credibility as one of the most popular games in this country is...

A competitive international scene that players really want to play in and feel really proud to do so.

I dont know about anybody else but i hate it when i go into work on a monday morning and they are all talking about union when they never watch rugby, and say how good it was!!! I just want to strangle them and show them a real game.. but until the international scene is as accesable (terestrial TV) and of a similiar competitiveness to union, we will always have the best players wanting to give it a go!!! (I know i would love to take a cup round the capital of my country, cheered on by millions!!!!) Who can blame Andy for wanting to give it a go. The lad has achieved so much in rugby, especially with the man of steel and world player of the year... He cant top that, hes achieved everything.. He goes with my blessing.. All I ask of Andy is that he proves to the world of Yawnion that rugby league players are the best in the world.. Andy you go a get some of their money mate!! And the cheque the warriors will recieve for the contract buy out, will do very nicely indeed!!!!
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

TomThumb posted:
No change in the salary cap is going to stop players moving to union.. The only thing that is going to give rugby league the credibility as one of the most popular games in this country is...

A competitive international scene that players really want to play in and feel really proud to do so.

I dont know about anybody else but i hate it when i go into work on a monday morning and they are all talking about union when they never watch rugby, and say how good it was!!! I just want to strangle them and show them a real game.. but until the international scene is as accesable (terestrial TV) and of a similiar competitiveness to union, we will always have the best players wanting to give it a go!!! (I know i would love to take a cup round the capital of my country, cheered on by millions!!!!) Who can blame Andy for wanting to give it a go. The lad has achieved so much in rugby, especially with the man of steel and world player of the year... He cant top that, hes achieved everything.. He goes with my blessing.. All I ask of Andy is that he proves to the world of Yawnion that rugby league players are the best in the world.. Andy you go a get some of their money mate!! And the cheque the warriors will recieve for the contract buy out, will do very nicely indeed!!!!
I totally agree with you Tom my old mucka
Pain is temporary pride is forever
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

TomThumb posted:
I dont know about anybody else but i hate it when i go into work on a monday morning and they are all talking about union when they never watch rugby, and say how good it was!!! I just want to strangle them and show them a real game.
I'm with you there mate.. try giving your analysis of the game or point out the defensive frailties of Union and they usually look blankly and shut up.

Slowly but surely try spreading the good word of RL. It's suprising how many of my mates claim to not like RL but talk about it to me because they happened to read about it in the paper or watched the match because 'they were bored.' I think overall SL is on the up, 13k against Salford and increased season ticket sales is very positive.
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

Thats a good idea Rob, I always just say how much i hate it and then they just say they really enjoyed it. I always point out that if you look at darts.The PDC has far better darts players than WDO but because the WDO gets the TV coverage it is seen as the ultimate.. I think it is understandable why yawnion has the profile it has. I just think its time to look at what they have done, spend the bloody money and put the great game were it should be. I LOVE THIS GAME. NOW LETS SELL THIS GAME TO THE MILLIONS COZ THEY WILL LOVE IT TO.

Great attendance last night, did you noticed how much the players lifted when the fans got behind the team.. COME ON YOU WIGANERS DONT JUST TURN UP!! LETS GIVE THEM ARE SUPPORT AS THE TERM "SUPPORTER" SUGGESTS
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

SAINT (not the scouse kind)

IF he goes it will be a great loss, but i would have no bad feelings against him, im sure its not a decision he will take lightly and it wont be purely for money.

I dont think we have the right to judge him if he leaves, he has been given amazing service to the a great figure for the game.

I refuse to believe a true wigan fan could boo him, anyone that does is the judas to wigan.
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

WiganWarrior posted:
SAINT (not the scouse kind)

IF he goes it will be a great loss, but i would have no bad feelings against him, im sure its not a decision he will take lightly and it wont be purely for money.
It should not be his decision whether he stays or goes but Wigan RL's.

He is contracted to the club until the end of 2006.

When we chased Gasnier he was all signed up but St. George pulled the plug on that deal, not the player, by insisting he honour his contract.

Wigan should do the same with Farrell.

We will be much weaker without him and any chance of a trophy this season will be gone if as expected he has played his last game for the club already.

It is a professional sport, not amateur. Contracts are signed and no player should be upset at being asked to honour them. There is no room for sentimentality with talk of him having acheived everything or been a great servant and so its only fair to let him leave or words to that effect.

No offense to anyone but I think saying thingslike that is naive.

There should be one over riding factor in this and that is the best interests of Wigan RL (and the secondary interest of the wider sport of RL itself).

The best interests of the club are not, IMO, served by letting Farrell renage on his contract.

I simply do not understand why Lindsay did not killed this off before it got started.

Dave
Ancient&Loyal

Post by Ancient&Loyal »

I may be totally on the wrong track here but does anybody else wonder whats going on at Wigan. Andy Farrell could well be off to play kick and clap. Kris Rads looks less certain now and I hear that Terry Newton is still being linked with the Bulls. Could this tell us that things aren't all rosey in our garden. The 3 lads mentioned are what I would class as the heart and soul of Wigan, Wigan lads who will give it their all for the beloved cherry and white. Could this be down to the way Mike Gregory has been treated allegedly by the powers that be and a protest of how unhappy this has made the lads, I hope that all the true wiganers have been behind Mike in his true hour of need. Am I looking for something that isn't there or does anyone else have a funny feeling about this one?
Sometimes rugby really hurts.