Shameful Schoolboy Amateur RL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Shameful Schoolboy Amateur RL

Post by cpwigan »

We (the fans are the biggest fools) for paying to watch such mistake ridden schoolboy RL. However, the players of both sides need to remove the tag professional RL because they are not. Worse some claim to be enjoying themselves. Well ity is at our expense schoolbody RL players.

The result, win or lose IMMATERIAL. Do not disect the game IRRELEVANT. In 6 months Shaun Wane being pig headed egomaniac decided he knew far better than his predecessor and has reduced Wigan to a pathetic schoolboy SL team bereft of professionalism.

WHY BOTHER? Forget ever being able to match Australia, British coaches like Wane have rendered that dream, unobtainable. Whatsmore, the Aussies will fall over laughing at our joke RL and wipe the floor with us time and time again.

From Minute 1, Wigan AND Warrington showed no regard for possession, no concern for building and maintaining pressure. The players act like schoolboys playing a trivial game, they seem not to care and why should they with Wane now in charge. If Madge is watching our games he must be shaking his head in disbelief. The undisciplined rabbled now purporting to be Wigan RL are not professional, they are a collective joke, just like every other SL club. I would be ashamed to collect payment, to think I was a professional when I played as both we and Warrington did tonight and it is happening game after game.

Forget giving Shaun Wane 12 months, he needs his head examining to see if a brain exists. If he wants to change some things, you do it gradually to the extent people do not notice the change (a wise sage taught me that)

In 6 months Wigan RL has become a joke!!! Just like every other SL Club. If people enjoy that garbage then so be it but just like the Premier League put that garbage against World Class opposition and it will be exposed time and time again.

Hand on heart nobody can now say Wigan will win a game, any game because Wane has reduced a once professional outfit to a pathetic schoolboy outfit who played with the naivety / stupidity of the youngest juniors.

Wane cannot even pick the right line up, what an idiot. He is making Dorahay look good at the moment.

leeh2101

Re: Shameful Schoolboy Amateur RL

Post by leeh2101 »

i actually enjoyed the game shame the score wasnt the other way round but it was always gonna be a close game whoever won! i agree with the shaun wane comment but its only early yet give the guy a chance
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Geez I am as annoyed / brassed off / upset as the next man but thats a little strong.
GBH

Post by GBH »

Cant really disagree with that and you will know here the same tripe being spouted about know we can play better and we will have a tough talk tomorrow. The team I put out could of won that matchQ well last years could of!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

leeh2101 wrote:i actually enjoyed the game shame the score wasnt the other way round but it was always gonna be a close game whoever won! i agree with the shaun wane comment but its only early yet give the guy a chance
Alas that is the worry. Look at the game with detachment and it was a joke. British people seem to enjoy such fare which is why we never win anything at an elite level and never will.

Win or lose is irrelevant, the players must realise themselves how unprofessional from start to finish that display was by BOTH sides but Wigan were priceless in playing Schofield ball.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

cherry.pie wrote:
I want to give him more time, but if Shaun Wane thinks Lauaki deserves to start games ahead of Lima he's an absolute idiot. No one with a shred of rugby league knowledge would even put Lauaki on the pitch based on current form.
Silverwood saw to that - twice. Red Hall will do their best - for the best.

Why did we not have a back on the bench? The Head Coach seat at Wigan is definately different to anything else... whoever you are.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cherry hand on heart I cannot say if Wigan will beat any team playing as they do under Wane. They may slaughter some if the ball sticks, they will lose plenty to AND high scoring game with poor defence and lots of points conceded will be increasingly common. Control is not part of the game plan whatsoever. NO team will ever dominate an opposition showing a total disregard for possession, field position. Everything that Madge instilled in the players has been thrown out by a man far more concerned with doing it his way than the team/club etc.

Wanes ego has created a frightening monster who has made far too many changes, many ill advised and crazy just to put his stamp on the team. Well we may as well have Gary Schofield as coach IMO.

The sad part, the team should be better this season as the players mature etc.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

mickw wrote:for all this wane bashing we wer`nt any better at the back end of last season when we lost twice to a poor saints team.
Ignore the results Mick. The RL played in those losses was light years ahead of the Schofield ball being encouraged by our new coach.

Wane has confirmed IMO that Wigan should never be coached by a Brit for the forseeable future.
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

I agree on most of what you say pal, but how can we go from being a good attacking team and a half decent defensive team to how bad we are now, surely the players are the ones on the pitch and they have to answer to us fans but for me we've took a step backwards since McGuire left we have lost the leader influence
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

jolleymike wrote:I agree on most of what you say pal, but how can we go from being a good attacking team and a half decent defensive team to how bad we are now, surely the players are the ones on the pitch and they have to answer to us fans but for me we've took a step backwards since McGuire left we have lost the leader influence
Because the players are not as fit or as disciplined and regimented in defence as they were under Maguire, the holes behind the ruck were a disgrace and the slide and scramble defence out wide was worrying.

CP is bang on the money here, we seem impressed with tight under pressure games where errors are aplenty. Madge would have had that game tied up by 60 mins. Lauaki? Do me a favour Wane.
Up The Mont!