Very worried

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Very worried

Post by cpwigan »

Hearing rumours that players are scratching their heads re the 'defensive' ideas being implemented by Wane. Fans whoop with delight at big in your face tackles but we conceded far more penalties and make more mistakes (missed tackles). It is defence from 20+ years ago.Defence as Madge showed is about controlling the ball carrier, timing when to get a held call and slowing the next POTB down. Control is everything in elite RL.

The attack is a joke IMO. Anybody will score tries if they throw the ball around / offload with no rhyme or reason; No control. I love watching Hocky play but last night he was as much a liability as a danger with several mistakes. YET, Fans are voting him MOM elsewhere etc. A coach should be working with Hock re selecting when to offload. The way Wigan attack with sheer brute force is energy sapping. The plays IMO are light years from the last couple of season, hence why Sam T does not stand out or continue to be our principal attacking weapon.

Wigan are playing schoolboy amateur RL and unless Wane is man enough to revert to the methods Madge showed him then I fear Wigan will lose doube the amount of games in 2012 than they did in previous seasons under Madge AND Wane. You will read and hear garbage like exciting game / thriller but Wigan will lose plenty. Silverware? FORGET IT. Hand on heart Waneball could lose to Wakefield, to anyone. HE either has to be man enough to revert to elite NRL based RL or risk losing his job. Alternatively, we could see the players mutiny al a Dorahay and use their old game plan / tactics. IL needs to spell out to Wane, you got the job re continuity. Maybe and it sticks in the throat to say it BUT Noble was right not to use Wane with the first team etc. Wane's EGO may have been that very reason.

We currently have our own version of Gary Schofield in charge of a fantastic group of players, a frightening group of youngsters BUT Wane et al could screw up what should be a rich era. CRAZY!!!

If you enjoyed last night (I hated it) then think PL Football sure Man U v Man C seems good, the moment Man U or Man C play Barcelona they are exposed as very mediocre. Wigan under Wane are just that; MEDIOCRE!!!

He either sorts it ASAP or we need to get rid.
BriH

Re: Very worried

Post by BriH »

cpwigan wrote:Hearing rumours that players are scratching their heads re the 'defensive' ideas being implemented by Wane. Fans whoop with delight at big in your face tackles but we conceded far more penalties and make more mistakes (missed tackles). It is defence from 20+ years ago.Defence as Madge showed is about controlling the ball carrier, timing when to get a held call and slowing the next POTB down. Control is everything in elite RL.

The attack is a joke IMO. Anybody will score tries if they throw the ball around / offload with no rhyme or reason; No control. I love watching Hocky play but last night he was as much a liability as a danger with several mistakes. YET, Fans are voting him MOM elsewhere etc. A coach should be working with Hock re selecting when to offload. The way Wigan attack with sheer brute force is energy sapping. The plays IMO are light years from the last couple of season, hence why Sam T does not stand out or continue to be our principal attacking weapon.

Wigan are playing schoolboy amateur RL and unless Wane is man enough to revert to the methods Madge showed him then I fear Wigan will lose doube the amount of games in 2012 than they did in previous seasons under Madge AND Wane. You will read and hear garbage like exciting game / thriller but Wigan will lose plenty. Silverware? FORGET IT. Hand on heart Waneball could lose to Wakefield, to anyone. HE either has to be man enough to revert to elite NRL based RL or risk losing his job. Alternatively, we could see the players mutiny al a Dorahay and use their old game plan / tactics. IL needs to spell out to Wane, you got the job re continuity. Maybe and it sticks in the throat to say it BUT Noble was right not to use Wane with the first team etc. Wane's EGO may have been that very reason.

We currently have our own version of Gary Schofield in charge of a fantastic group of players, a frightening group of youngsters BUT Wane et al could screw up what should be a rich era. CRAZY!!!

If you enjoyed last night (I hated it) then think PL Football sure Man U v Man C seems good, the moment Man U or Man C play Barcelona they are exposed as very mediocre. Wigan under Wane are just that; MEDIOCRE!!!

Who stirred your cage?

He either sorts it ASAP or we need to get rid.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Waney did Bri :(

Damn worried he could be sending the club back years and ruining what should be a fantastic era. The 15, 16 & 17 year old we have coming through are superb prospects. If I was one of their fathers/mothers I would be thinking twice before signing for Wane led Wigan.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I honestly do not know. I do remember the idea (sensible IMO) was Wane = continuity, carrying on what Madge had developed. The NRL has more assistants per team than SL. Perhaps, we can find another Madge.

Wane has turned me off having a British coacxh ever again.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cherry.pie wrote:Another related point. Has anyone seen or heard anything of Harris since he became assistant coach?
He's on the team photograph!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cherry.pie wrote:Another related point. Has anyone seen or heard anything of Harris since he became assistant coach?
He's on the team photograph!
:lol: :lol:

Apparently he was talking to Hemmings in the car park last night, and said he was really enjoying working at Wigan
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

He was on the pitch during the warm-up last night, and every other game this season at home :eh:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan 2012 exemplifies just why GB has been a 2nd rate rubbing rag RL country for as long as I can remember. I started watching Wigan around 80/81 and 1982 was supposedly the wake up call for a ojnce great RL nation. In 82, the great and the good, the gullible fans said oh the Aussies might be fitter but we are British we have far more skill, we can outplay Australia and teach them a lesson. History says even in 1982, most British RL followers were stupid, 30 years later nothing has changed. We are still a second rate rubbing rag RL nation and most British RL people are still delusional.

RL at the highest level is about pressure. Pressure that comes through territory and reducing the opportunities the opposition get to have possession. You make the opposition work so hard, you tackle them so well that they have precious little energy left to threaten your line when they do get the ball.

You cannot choose to defend tough and to then compound your desire with juvenile attacking ploys that show scant regard for possession. It is not an either/or. It is not a cake and eat it scenario. Tough defence and harlem globe trotter attack are not compatible. They never have been and never will at an elite level. Worse, your players fatigue, the opposition gain energy and confidence and hey presto you defence looks hopeless.

Anybody think of a team that fits this description :roll:

You then play an 80 minute game, you look at the bigger picture, you do not shine for 1 minute and stink for the next few IF you want to be successful.

Anybody think of a team that fits this description :roll:

Wigan 2012 are amateurs
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

sounds like hedingley last season , they were afgter sacking there coach , and if u listened to rumours there players wernt happy , just remind me who r now not only super league champions also world champions , it does take a little time to get used to a new coach style of play , so if u do it the leeds way we have to get it right just in time for the play offs
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

There comes a point when players need to have the balls to speak up and say this isn't working, why don't they just revert back to what they were taught under Madge defensively, regardless of what Wane says. :conf:
Up The Mont!