Singing At Wigan.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Black Pearl

Singing At Wigan.

Post by The Black Pearl »

I don't want to sound ungrateful or unappreciative to the fantastic Wigan fans but from my seat in the East Stand we seem to be a very quiet bunch of fans. This seems to be slightly different when we go away. What hurts me is we seem to have the old faithful chat of, "Wigan,Wigan," and then not much else. I would love us to have a rip roaring song than bellows out around the ground like Hull, Leeds and even the plastic scousers have. I think fan power and a vocal crowd can make the difference even Salford last night were in good voice all the taxi full that came. Lets get together decide on a song and use it as a club anthem it could be the difference this year. Wnat do you think. I must say that when we do join together and all sing in unison it send shivers down my spine. So don't be shy sing your hearts out for the boys.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
TomThumb

Re: Singing At Wigan.

Post by TomThumb »

:o I am trying Black... Maybe speaking to the powers that be at the club, to get songs written and flyers distributed with the matchday program to encourage the fans to open the mouths and sing the lads all the way to a win. I also think the players and club officials could do more, by promoting how important it is for the fans to get behind the team. People need to realise that the match is so much more enjoyable when everyone gets behind the team. I get a real buzz when i am singing my heart out and i see the team respond. I know it an old saying, but i think us fans do really are the fourteenth man on the pitch!!
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

TomThumb posted:
:o I am trying Black... Maybe speaking to the powers that be at the club, to get songs written and flyers distributed with the matchday program to encourage the fans to open the mouths and sing the lads all the way to a win. I also think the players and club officials could do more, by promoting how important it is for the fans to get behind the team. People need to realise that the match is so much more enjoyable when everyone gets behind the team. I get a real buzz when i am singing my heart out and i see the team respond. I know it an old saying, but i think us fans do really are the fourteenth man on the pitch!!
I totaly agree! I think its hillarious when I sing my heart out on my own in the south stand and players and fans turn round to see who it is with the gob 10 rows up :D I do think we need some new songs though. An old man in the south stand bar suggested we sing "you'll never walk alone" because no one else in RL sings it! But the only problem I have with that is that its not origional, everyone knows it which is a good thing but I dont think its right for us, what does everyone else think?
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

proud_pie_eater posted:
TomThumb posted:
I totaly agree! I think its hillarious when I sing my heart out on my own in the south stand and players and fans turn round to see who it is with the gob 10 rows up :D I do think we need some new songs though. An old man in the south stand bar suggested we sing "you'll never walk alone" because no one else in RL sings it! But the only problem I have with that is that its not origional, everyone knows it which is a good thing but I dont think its right for us, what does everyone else think?
I'm not singing a Scouse song!
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

lol never thought about it like that! :D
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

Well i go to matches with my bird(rugby convert) 1 down 50 millionb to go!! and she just looks at me and shakes her head at her boyfriend make a bloody fool of himself.. but i love it COME ON YOU WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we need to sing the songs more. The atmosphere seemed a bit down last night. Salford were singing all united songs
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
The Black Pearl

Tom nice to hear from you although my feet were cold we all have our own opinions. But you sound like you'll do for me. We need to decide what song. Any favourites or idea's let me know. Do you think we could be onto something. I would love to have a song ringing out for when the old enemy come to town on March 25th. Cheers The Black Pearl (my Hero was Ellery Hanley the legend)
The Black Pearl

I know it's pretty corny but I heard Stoke do it once on Telly and it sounded brill. Deliah from Tom Jones. Nowt to do with Rugby but its easy to sing as loud as hell. What do you all think.
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

I dont think there is anything wrong with "borrowing" tunes, i aint no pete waterman so unless anybody has any better ideas i think delila would be a good song. just tried it out in my living room.... had a few wierd looks from people passing by :lol: lets open this up to the forum, any suggestions, when we have enough and find ones were all agreed on, then maybe we should approach the club about getting them printed ( they could even put them in the program)...