Singing At Wigan.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Singing At Wigan.

Post by GeoffN »

Some good ideas there.

Might be worth contacting the supporters club too? And Max's club, get the kids singing.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Dare I say it but having some exciting rugby to watch might also encourage the fans to sing? You've got to admit Friday's game was hardly inspiring and the lack of singing seems to be a common feature of all the games against the less important clubs (no offence to Salford, well not much anyway!). The bigger games get the crowd fired up without much encouragement, but for this one many fans spent the time whinging to their mates about the referee or complaining about yet another move that broke down rather than singing. Frustration often leads to people swearing and shouting, not singing!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

Fraggle, i want the atmosphere to be great at every match and if all it needs is some organisation to do it, then why not try. I know more of my friends would go watching them more if the atmosphere was electric..(rugby union supporters have crap games every week but they still sing!!!!).. There is no reason why the singing warriors cant be as vocal as any other team.. I think we all need to be a bit more positive on this issue cause like ive said before, if it can raise the team to try that little bit more and instead of drawing or losing matches by a couple of points, then i really do think its worth giving it a go.. If doesnt work then weve lost nothing. But just imagine what it could be... Imagine both the east and south stand stood up singing all the game (west stand- might be a bit too ambitious to get them singing!!!!) and were all loving it, even though the game might not be that great, you still go away with the buzz that you get from shouting for your team. Any more ideas of everyone??? come on pearl you must have some up your sleave!!! :roll:
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

GoeffN, are the max and supporters club approachable? Is the club itself approachable, or is it like banging you head against a brick wall?

kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I have contacts to max's club if you need any help ! I joined when i was 10 and 5 years later they still send me infomation on meetings ect i have loads of cantact info if you needa any ! Also i think the idea of e-mialing people songs for upcoming matches is a great idea another way of bringing warriors into the 21st century !
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
Ancient&Loyal

Post by Ancient&Loyal »

When the Bulls come to town in a couple of weeks, Lets here the classic's like LANCASHIRE LA LA LA,
RED ARMY RED ARMY.
Lets sing our hearts out for the boys.
Sometimes rugby really hurts.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

TomThumb posted:
GoeffN, are the max and supporters club approachable? Is the club itself approachable, or is it like banging you head against a brick wall?
I think the new marketing team is much more open to ideas than has been the case in the past. Worth asking...what's the worst that could happen?
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Tom nice to hear from you. I hope i've spaked a reaction with people who have viewed this topic because I think about it quite alot. Lets have a see how many songs we can think of and compile a list and take it from there.
Wigan, Wigan
Wigan Till I Die etc.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Just been to Workington -v- Whitehaven match. Haven fans will sing to absolutely anything, they take any chant and put their own words to it, it's quite funny.

There are a core of about twenty of them that start a chant and then everyone else joins in. What you need to do is get a 'choir' together to start the songs off and everyone else will sing along.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

robjoenz posted:
Just been to Workington -v- Whitehaven match. Haven fans will sing to absolutely anything, they take any chant and put their own words to it, it's quite funny.

There are a core of about twenty of them that start a chant and then everyone else joins in. What you need to do is get a 'choir' together to start the songs off and everyone else will sing along.
Like leeds they dont shut up singing with the horns and drums.The best atmosphere at Wigan was when we were in the playoffs two years ago when everyone in the south stand tried to do the conga.Only to be stopped by the stewards.Lol that was funny.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!