sonny bill williams replacing farrell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Special K

Re: sonny bill williams re...

Post by Special K »

Check out this article http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 260315.stm we can only hope and pray. :roll:
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Sonny Bill would definitely add something to any side. He is one player i'd love to have at the Eels but unfortunately there's no way he would play for them.
I think if it was about the money then Wigan would have him no worries (i think the Bulldogs have had way too much trouble to go over the salary cap again). However, i feel he still has a lot to accomplish in the NRL, though he was looking into union before they turned him down. I guess time will tell.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

By the way, by Mozza are you referring to Adrian Morley?
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Vaealikis Girl, watch his space, after Friday night unless he improves 300% over the next month you can have him back before Good Friday. :doz:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

Sonny Bill Williams, is a very able replacement for Faz. I've been chatting to a few fellow pie eaters and although we love Andy and what he's given us if the money is on the table lets take it. SBW would be graat in a new look pack of Adrian Morley, Terry Newton, Jerry Seu Seu, Gareth Hock Sean O' Loughlin and Sonny Bill. What does everyone else think.
Anyone heard a rumour about Brad Fitler???
Pain is temporary pride is forever
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Don't get carried away - -we can't afford SBW and Morley, even as replacements for Davico and Farrell.
Ancient&Loyal

Post by Ancient&Loyal »

GeoffN posted:
Don't get carried away - -we can't afford SBW and Morley, even as replacements for Davico and Farrell.
We could if we sell Terry Newton for 250K
Sometimes rugby really hurts.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

True, but I was replying to "Black Pearl", who included Terry in his proposed pack.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Here we go again with the Morley rumours. IF he comes back to the UK, and I'm not convinced he will, I'm pretty sure he would go to his home club of Salford. New stadium next year, big ambition, talk of lots of big name players... they're aiming high whereas we seem to be standing still at best. Leeds might also have a say in the matter, they've probably got first refusal (although Spotty Harris has shown how little that kind of thing means in a contract!). More importantly, how could we expect to win anything with Newton, SeuSeu and Morley all constantly giving away penalties? Good Morley may be (and I personally think he's overrated), no-one can deny he's also something of a thug and I, for one, don't want to see us turn into a team more known for dirty rough-house tactics rather than flowing rugby league.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

True Fraggle, but you also have to earn the right to play free flowing rugby (remember the cup final against Sheffield!!). We haven't really had forwards that frighten the opposition for a while, so maybe a thug or two won't go amiss. :D