STORM season 2012

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Stormfan

STORM season 2012

Post by Stormfan »

I will be putting the news of Storm in here.If you don`t want to know the weekly score then just vwait a couple of days after the w/e to read this thread
markill

Re: STORM season 2012

Post by markill »

I've watch every Storm game so far this season, although the Knights game was more 'on in the background'.

Good to see the hoff getting a couple of tries so far and Billy Slater seems even better than ever.

I love that 'big 3' play through the middle of the ruck they run. Cronk seems to be the most important playmaker now, Smith is more there to feed him and Slater to finish it off.

Stormfan, do you think the forwards don't get enough credit for their hard work becuase most of what gets talked about is Slater?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

The media don`t give our forwards the recognition they deserve but their team mates do.Coops said that because of our forwards doing such a great job it makes his job easier.I am VERY impressed with our forwards this season,Todd Lowrie is having his best season.I think Jason Ryles has made a big difference to our forward line.Hoffy is enjoying his time back with Storm even getting a try last week.Cammy does alot of work which I think goes unnoticed compared to Billy.Coops has stepped it up a notch I think this season.
It was such a relief when Coops resigned with Storm for another 4 yrs so it keeps THE BIG 3 together.Woohoo
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

markill wrote:Do you think the forwards don't get enough credit for their hard work because most of what gets talked about is Slater?
Sadly this is down to the myopic vision of the majority of the RL media in Aus :(

They only rabbit on,( :roll: ), about the one's they see as superstars. There have been a few sensible articles that focused on the work done by 'the engine room' & the fact that without them setting the platform & breathing space it would be harder for others to showcase their talents.

I know the people I talk too about Storm games see what gets done & recognise the importance of the props & 2nd rowers.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

If you've NOT seen the Cowboys v Storm game yet,
then don't click on this link
- W C Fields
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

GREAT TEAM EFFORT by STORM, Everyone played well not just the Big 3.Keeps us on top of our lofty perch.42-18 :)
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

markill wrote:Stormfan, do you think the forwards don't get enough credit for their hard work becuase most of what gets talked about is Slater?
I know I already commented on this but it's nice to have it confirmed by the players.This is part of a very recent article.
Maybe the big three of Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk are better this year?

Nup. "They do the same thing – they're freaks," said two-try back-rower Kevin Proctor. "They always turn up to play. If we do our job, it makes it easier for them."

Like Bellyache said, don't expect any great revelations when investigating the NRL's only undefeated team. Here's Ryan Hinchcliffe: "I just think everyone's doing their job as best they can. Everyone's playing their role, playing their part in attack. Everyone's playing to our structures, our timing's good, everyone's running hard.
- W C Fields
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Watched Storm v. Cowboys on Premier Sports - IMO they are the best team in the NRL, ahead of the Broncos, and are more entertaining. They have some real, special players. Be great for a World Club Challenge match next season against them !
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

It's going to be a long battle to the finals with articles like this :blush:
The biggest premiership favourite in years
- W C Fields
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Another great win by Storm. 12-6 against the dogs.7 in a row now.Instead of a tryfest it was won on GREAT DEFENCE,Ryan Hoffman got the winning try in the 2nd half of the game,
WE ARE LOVING OUR TEAM.