NEW GROUND!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TRICKY DICKY

NEW GROUND!

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

According to the M.E.N. we are to get a new ground.

Make it 15 - 18000 and pretty central and i wouldnt say no.

The pathetics have destroyed our pitch.

It is about time we got our own stadium.

I would love a facility like the h.j. JUST FOR THE WARRIORS.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
kt4ever_1

Re: NEW GROUND!

Post by kt4ever_1 »

Can i ask what has the M.E.N got to do with this ?
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It's a newspaper. The Manchester Evening News.
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

I haven't seen the article but I am fully in support of a new rugby ground for Wigan. I'm not fully into all the reasons why we had to leave Central Park but I think since we moved we have lacked a fortress and somewhere that other teams relly hate coming. I would love to have modern facilities based on the traditional paln of standing up shoulder to shoulder and have seating for those people that choose to sit down.
I am really sruggling to think of somewhere the new ground could be built and also will the powers that be build another ground when the Lactics might not do that well in the Premier league. By the time the new grounds built they could be back in the second divison and we'll see how much they need the rugby them. On the other hand they could put all blue seats in the JJB and the lactics might fill the ground then. I've heard they won't sit on red seats.
Tell if you agree.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The Black Pearl posted:
I think since we moved we have lacked a fortress and somewhere that other teams relly hate coming.
We are unbeaten at the JJB since July 2003, that's 18 months! Is that not enough of a fortress for you?

We have a 100 year garenteed lease at the JJB. The only way we would leave is if Whelan built another stadium for us. He wanted both Wigan teams at the JJB (even Orrell as well at one point) from the start - and he went through a lot of politics, manouvering and skulldugary to get it. He bascially left the Wigan shareholders with the only option of moving to his staduim - so why would he want the club out. It would cost far less to just relay the pitch every season, than to push the rugby club out!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The Black Pearl posted:
I've heard they won't sit on red seats.
They won't sit on any seats if you look at the constant pleas from the Althetic managment for their fans to get behind the club! :wink:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

O yea i thought about the arena .
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Mike posted:
The Black Pearl posted:
I think since we moved we have lacked a fortress and somewhere that other teams relly hate coming.
We are unbeaten at the JJB since July 2003, that's 18 months! Is that not enough of a fortress for you?

We have a 100 year garenteed lease at the JJB. The only way we would leave is if Whelan built another stadium for us. He wanted both Wigan teams at the JJB (even Orrell as well at one point) from the start - and he went through a lot of politics, manouvering and skulldugary to get it. He bascially left the Wigan shareholders with the only option of moving to his staduim - so why would he want the club out. It would cost far less to just relay the pitch every season, than to push the rugby club out!
WE have a 25 year lease.

But if whelan wants to give us a new stadium then great.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Whats wrong with the JJB? Why do you want to leave?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Mike posted:
Whats wrong with the JJB? Why do you want to leave?
I dont want to leave but if he is to build us a new stadium then great.

Either way its a win win for the warriors.

The pitch at the jjb is terrible also.