Hock is ready

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Hock is ready

Post by ancientnloyal »

“He was so fired-up I thought, ‘I can’t risk him injuring players’. He’s revved up, he’s a Wigan lad and he can’t wait.”

Wane had to get Hock out of training this week :lol:

But we need a seriously class performance from him tomorrow and I am sure we'll get it!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
BigJeffLima

Re: Hock is ready

Post by BigJeffLima »

get them all fired up gaz!
bertina

Post by bertina »

ancientnloyal wrote: “He was so fired-up I thought, ‘I can’t risk him injuring players’. He’s revved up, he’s a Wigan lad and he can’t wait.”

Wane had to get Hock out of training this week :lol:

But we need a seriously class performance from him tomorrow and I am sure we'll get it!
Fired up is great. We need them all to be fired up, as long as it is controlled and doesn't turn into a penalty fest.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

I don't know how clever this is from Shaun Wane, yes I would've taken Hock out of training but I wouldn't exactly go blabbing to the press yet again singling a player out. I wonder who St Helen's will try and wind up now. Hock could be nullified today cause of this. Hope I'm Wrong though.
Up The Mont!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TonyH wrote:I don't know how clever this is from Shaun Wane, yes I would've taken Hock out of training but I wouldn't exactly go blabbing to the press yet again singling a player out. I wonder who St Helen's will try and wind up now. Hock could be nullified today cause of this. Hope I'm Wrong though.
I concur. My fear is a repeat of Wire last season. Some players need winding up, some need winding down. IMO Hocky is the latter.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

As long as Gaz can control his energy and enthuiasm in the right areas we are OK.
IMO Stains will push him to loose his temper, to retaliate and to strike out but Gaz should know this and should be able to curb his temper.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc43 ... i/Hock.jpg[/IMG]

He was ready. He was very, very impressive.

:cool:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At times Hocky has you cursing BUT the Sam try offload was sheer magic whilst the way he wound Perry up was hilarious.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I thought he was awesome yesterday, yes some simple mistakes at times but his good far outweighs his bad. His offload was world class and I love him as a player, always have and always will.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

The angle and timing of his runs with the foresight from Brett Finch is top drawer.
IMO it was only a matter of time before this would come good and its still early in the season.
Ryan Hoffman coming off Finchy was good but Gaz Hock coming off Finchy is now getting somewhere close.
Long may it last.