Mickey Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Mickey Mac

Post by cpwigan »

I know roby is a fancy dan BUT I was glad Mickey was our 9 today. Alas, a suspension may be brewing (Wilkin) albeit I saw little malice in what he did.
Dobby

Re: Mickey Mac

Post by Dobby »

Fantastic again from McIlorum. Roby again today showed just how one dimensional he is.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Utter class, always rated him CP and you know that with me.
Up The Mont!
mickh

Post by mickh »

Mcollorum outplayed him easily, Roby lost the plot with his wayward passes, and, late on in a turn over he wouldn't give Carmont the ball and tried to be akward, now with some time on the clock you would have thought he would have given Carmont the ball in his hands as they were losing!

Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I have to be honest that for several seasons I've just thought that MM wasn't quite up to it.

Well that shows what I know!!

Even I can see that he's really stepped up this season and as other posters have commented, he looks more solid, aggressive and certainly more versatile.

HIs runs from dummy half are better and his pass choice is much, much better.

Well done Mickey!! Keep smashing 'em
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

On yesterdays performance I would have MM instead of Roby but over a season I would have Roby, but I think MM is magnificent. How good would they be together for England? Fantastic duo in my opinion.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
BriH

Post by BriH »

The more I see him the more he reminds me of the late, great Terry Newton - not just my opinion either.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Not only did Micky Mac make Robey second best he had Hohaia pretty well frustrated too with some good collisions in the tackle. Improving game by game.
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

One swallow does not make a summer. Roby has been an exceptional performer for the last three or four seasons, so to say Mickey is a better player after three or four good games is, imo a trifle premature.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

georgeorwell wrote:One swallow does not make a summer. Roby has been an exceptional performer for the last three or four seasons, so to say Mickey is a better player after three or four good games is, imo a trifle premature.
Possibly but Mickey has been as under-rated as Goulding if not more so for some time by many so it is good to see such comparisons being made.

There is a certain type of player I really like and Mickey is one of those. They are the players who you can tell work very hard at their game and are totally dedicated to it. Very often this apparent very early on in their career and it was with Mickey so I have always rated him. Other players we have like this are Hansen and Lockers and J Tomkins was the same which is why I was so sad to see him leave.

At various stages in all these players careers they have been under valued by the fans IMO it just seemed to me they were all the most likely to succeed as they got older and more experienced.