Re: A charmless man

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Funnily enough Morph, I thought similar to you.

And whoever had the temerity to call Shaun Wane's oratory skills have not listened to Mr Rush speak!!

What a very embittered man he is, who cannot concede to the better team & coach in this particular game.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I was tempted to post a similar comment as soon as I saw his interview but thought it would be like rubbing salt into the wound. Agree with your comments though and he was more than happy to smile for the camera after his first 2 games!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Could this be "Dave the saint" in disguise ? :sly:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I Sky+ the game and watched it late last night for the first time and could not agree more about Mike Rush's interview. He made a complete an utter fool of himself and he needs to realise that you have to take the rough with the smooth in life. He couldn't wait to get in front of the camera against Leeds and Wire but was more than awkward, ignorant and clearly bitter against us! In a way though I loved seeing it haha ????!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It was an awful interview!
He should be embarrassed, i was saying to my girlfriend when watching the hull - hull kr match the fact i loved that rugby managers were never bitchy about their opponents like football and they always give credit to the other team even if they dont like the result. Step up Mike Rush to prove me wrong!

Its one thing to not like losing, i hate losing its another to be a bad loser and thats what this was BAD LOSING.

This is one area Madge was a master he refused to ever get drawn into slanging matches and he NEVER blamed ref's or circumstances a true professional.

Mike Rush = NO CLASS
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be fair Rush never wanted to be head coach. He is an outstanding youth development manager.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:To be fair Rush never wanted to be head coach. He is an outstanding youth development manager.
That is fair enough CP but it is not an excuse for a terrible attitude during an interview.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:To be fair Rush never wanted to be head coach. He is an outstanding youth development manager.
That is fair enough CP but it is not an excuse for a terrible attitude during an interview.
Totally agree. he never once mentioned Wigan in the interview and he came across as a bit of a kn**head
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Well said everyone, he's a jumped up pantry boy who never knew his place. The man is a total tool and he is not the only one at that club. They have some decent blokes like Skully who is a gent but they also have 1 or 2 like the tool in question who I would not let near to my kids because in my opinion they are whats wrong with British RL and why we are unable to compete with the southern hemisphere.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The argument re the interview FINE

HOWEVER, Rush has been outstanding for Saints in terms of junior development and is a large part of why Saints have had success in the last 20 decade +

For a long time, Saints youth development was superior to ours.