U18's

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

U18's

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wiagn 42 Hull 4
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Re: U18's

Post by josie andrews »

Thought it was 44 - 4
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

josie andrews wrote:Thought it was 44 - 4
What's two points between friends? It matters not, it was a good win. Defensively, we were outstanding but, despite the score line, we can be a lot better with the ball in our hands!

Hampshire looks a gem. Wright is another outstanding hooker, Sutton is a raw prop but there is plenty to work with, Pugsley appears to be a good find, Tierney continues to improve and I like the aggression shown by Brown. The rest of the lads performed admirably - it's early in the season and I am sure that we will see many more reasons to be cheerful as the year progresses.
doc

Post by doc »

I made it 42-4.

Liked Tierney when he was running with the ball but some of his passing was v. poor.

Hampshire looked good at stand-off but I would prefer him to be paired with his U16s partner Williams, as our other half, Doran, didn't seem to work well with him and got caught in posession too many times. Our left side attack (Burgess and Rooney) looked strong on the odd occasion that the ball did get put wide by Doran.

Lever (loose forward) put in some monster hits. I also like Callum Wright, the hooker. He's a strong runner when scooting, a good ditributor at acting half and a nasty aggressive little sod in defence.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

doc wrote:I made it 42-4.

Liked Tierney when he was running with the ball but some of his passing was v. poor.

Hampshire looked good at stand-off but I would prefer him to be paired with his U16s partner Williams, as our other half, Doran, didn't seem to work well with him and got caught in posession too many times. Our left side attack (Burgess and Rooney) looked strong on the odd occasion that the ball did get put wide by Doran.

Lever (loose forward) put in some monster hits. I also like Callum Wright, the hooker. He's a strong runner when scooting, a good ditributor at acting half and a nasty aggressive little sod in defence.
When Hampshire and Williams are pired; Hampshire tends to take the left with Williams taking the right. Two fantastic prospects.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

18's Defeat Airlie Birds

Warriors Under 18's made it two wins from two games with a convincing 42-4 success against Hull FC at the Co-operative Community Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Valvoline Academy Result - Saturday 21st April

Wigan Warriors 42

T: Burgess 2, Tiernay 2, Hampshire, Pugsley, Rowe, Scrivens

G: Hampshire 5

Hull FC 4

T: Tyson-Wilson

Warriors: Lewis Tiernay, Mike Scrivens, Ellis Grimes, Josh Rooney, Joe Burgess, Ryan Hampshire, Jamie Doran, Ryan Sutton, Callum Wright, Ben Austin, Jonny Brown, Chris Rowe, Rob Lever

Subs - Rhys Pugsley, Sam Brooks, Grant Beecham, Callum Hughes

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:

When Hampshire and Williams are pired; Hampshire tends to take the left with Williams taking the right. Two fantastic prospects.
Williams played in the U20's on Saturday at Hull.
Rob Lever at loose forward looks as though he has the frame to build on. I think he'll eventually move to prop (long term). Joe Burgess has been the "find" and could well be the replacement for Pat Richards in a couple of years, although he likes the fullback position.
shaunedwardsfanclub

We now have a fantastic production line, for too long recently we have been in the shadow of Saints and Leeds.

The Welsh connection has already produced dividends and I see this continuing. We need a bit more activity in Cumbria as well as expanding our recruitment circle around Wigan e.g. Chorley and Leyland.
shaunedwardsfanclub

cpwigan wrote:

I totally agree CPW, these two lads realy excite me.