ToAT: Scrum half nominations, Get 'em in!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

ToAT: Scrum half nominations, Get 'em in!!

Post by ancientnloyal »

A biggy, Needed nominations for the Scrum half position please.

Voting will begin next saturday or sunday after the second rowers have their fight settled.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
butt monkey

Re: ToAT: Scrum half nominations, Get 'em in!!

Post by butt monkey »

mickw wrote:got to be andy greg
by a fraction over Adrian Lam
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
bertina

Post by bertina »

Easy. Andy Gregory.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Greg, Lam, Mike Ford, Sean Edwards, Tommy Bradshaw. That's as far back as I go.

Reckon Greg shades it for me.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Frankie Parr, Adriam Lam, Shaun Edwards. Greg was great going forward but attitude and defence let him down.
Edwards for me.
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

I'd like to nominate Jimmy Nulty. He was scrum half during that difficult spell in the mid-1970's when Wigan tried to rebuild a decent side but ultimately failed. Maybe he wasn't as naturally talented as Gregory and a few others, but he had all the skills including tackling, kicking and a strong defence.

He was arguably the best Wigan player who never won a winners medal - even managing to miss the Lancashire cup win in 1973 through injury. An inspirational player, and very consistent - I don't remember him having a bad game in five years in the jersey.
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Andy Greg without question
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Lammy for me. for someone like Rads to say he is the best player he ever played with says alot about his skill in the game. he was also someone i looked up to as i started watching Wigan in 2001 and even at only 9 years old could see the work he did to make an impact on the games
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

The Yonner wrote:I'd like to nominate Jimmy Nulty. He was scrum half during that difficult spell in the mid-1970's when Wigan tried to rebuild a decent side but ultimately failed. Maybe he wasn't as naturally talented as Gregory and a few others, but he had all the skills including tackling, kicking and a strong defence.

He was arguably the best Wigan player who never won a winners medal - even managing to miss the Lancashire cup win in 1973 through injury. An inspirational player, and very consistent - I don't remember him having a bad game in five years in the jersey.
Unless I'm mistaken, Nulty was one of the ringleaders in the strike which ultimately led to our relegation!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I'll throw Bradshaw's name into the ring like some other posters. Was an exceptional player by all accounts. Amongst the other obvious choices :D

What about Thomas Leuluai? Has a strong case being world cup winner, tri-nations, harry sunderland, etc etc even though he is current his only weakness seems to be his kicking at times.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame