sitting down

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
penhead

sitting down

Post by penhead »

do u argree with u need to sit down thought out the match

and the steward complain cuz i stand up all time but they are same stewards at latics and they let u stand up why do u fink this?

its cause they are scared s**tless ov the latic fans if u ask me

(Moderator edit: please keep the language clean - Fraggle)
waterside glens

Re: sitting down

Post by waterside glens »

i,m all for standing i do it every week at my local football team[glentoran n.i. ]

stand up for the warriors
chloe

Post by chloe »

no body did ask you though you started the thread off. I cant not see how you can justiy being allowed to stand up at a football match because the stewards are scared off the fans......doesnt that just support the sterotyping the football fans are so sick of (being hooligans) Why do these links to latics messages keep popping up on the message board so much recently?!?! :conf:
hes84

Post by hes84 »

i'm deffo up for standing.what's the point in sitting when you have to get up every two seconds to see what's happening cos theres some massive person in front of you?stewards are just pathetic
Bring on sexy Carney!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

hes84 posted:
what's the point in sitting when you have to get up every two seconds to see what's happening cos theres some massive person in front of you?stewards are just pathetic
what's the point in standing when you have to struggle to see what's happening cos theres some massive person in front of you who doesn't care that he could see over my head if he allowed us to swap places? I've said elsewhere, people are different heights and I missed quite a lot in quite a lot of games at Central Park because the tall people didn't care about the short people.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

My best friend nearly died at Hillsborough, and he lost his nephew. Reason for sitting!! enough said.

Maybe a little polite conversation with the steward would help rather than just complaining.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

True, Fraggle, but at least at CP, or any standing area, you've got the chance to move, or get there early enough to get to the front (as my son used to do at CP when he was knee high to a Fraggle...) If you get a season ticket seat behind a larger season ticket holder you're stuck with it for the whole season. (I'm only 5' 7")

Hillsborough was football, there's never been any trouble at a rugby league game, so why should we have to suffer the consequences of the Taylor Report?
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

Which stand are you in GeoffN? I'm a season ticket holder in the West, and at 6ft 1" and 28-29st nobody seems to complain they can't see. Unless your behind me then that's another matter lol

We don't want another Hillsborough at any sporting event so no need to tempt fate. If we do will people change their minds on seating?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
True, Fraggle, but at least at CP, or any standing area, you've got the chance to move, or get there early enough to get to the front (as my son used to do at CP when he was knee high to a Fraggle...) If you get a season ticket seat behind a larger season ticket holder you're stuck with it for the whole season. (I'm only 5' 7")
Same height as me so I understand, and maybe I'm lucky since the people in front of me are not as tall. But they'd have to be pretty tall to block my view, the steps at the JJB are fairly steep so you must have a 6ft several" person in front of you.

But back to standing, getting to the ground early isn't a solution for us non-Wiganers, by the time I'd got through motorway traffic and found a parking space etc kick-off was usually minutes away and it was a case of trying to get in wherever I could fit. There's a reason my bike jacket is so well padded, it was to protect me from being squashed from all directions!

It's a problem at away games as well, I was ok at Salford the other week but I usually get shouted at by stewards when going to places like Sheadingley for the dreadful crime of putting a couple of toes on the sacred yellow lines, since the only places I can find where I can see are in the spaces between the blocks of fans.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

gab0512 posted:
Which stand are you in GeoffN? I'm a season ticket holder in the West, and at 6ft 1" and 28-29st nobody seems to complain they can't see. Unless your behind me then that's another matter lol
I'm in the East, on the halfway line, but if I was behind, or indeed anywhere near you, I wouldn't dare complain! :wink:

I still prefer standing though. The Kop at CP was steep enough to find a decent spot, usually. Gotta admit the last Saints game there was bit problematic, but how often did we get that size crowd?