sitting down

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gab0512

Re: sitting down

Post by gab0512 »

Should have been at the Manly game - even I was crushed :D

The East stand never seems to be full so could you not venture to another seat, or are they all designated and no free seating allowed?
Steph

Post by Steph »

I don't mind sitting and i don't mind standing just along as i am there watcing the match :D :D :lol1:
xxxxxxx Warriors 2008 xxxxxx
ooooooooooooo were the greatest club in the world
we've got barrett n kenny
edwards n hanley
boston n kevin iroooooo
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I was! 37,000!

They're designated seats, which is why I moved to the East (from the South) this year.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Spare a thought for us tall people as well Fraggle, in the days of terracing at Central Park, I used to feel terribly self conscious when I arrived any later than about 2.15 about standing anywhere in case an angry little person started muttering under their breath about"freaks" blocking their view. I have one friend who is taller than me who stopped going to games because he was moaned at during every single game and couldn't afford the seats in those days. So while you couldn't see because of the tall person in front, the considerate amongst us didn't catch tries because we were too busy adjusting position to try and let you see and be all things to all men. All in all seating is much safer and more egalitarian.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaiJones posted:
Spare a thought for us tall people as well Fraggle, in the days of terracing at Central Park, I used to feel terribly self conscious when I arrived any later than about 2.15 about standing anywhere in case an angry little person started muttering under their breath about"freaks" blocking their view. I have one friend who is taller than me who stopped going to games because he was moaned at during every single game and couldn't afford the seats in those days. So while you couldn't see because of the tall person in front, the considerate amongst us didn't catch tries because we were too busy adjusting position to try and let you see and be all things to all men. All in all seating is much safer and more egalitarian.
I agree totally about the seats, and despite my comments on here I wasn't one of those who would have been complaining! After all these years I've got used to being a shortie and that wherever I go the tallest person in the place always stands in front of me.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

If one person stands up the person behind them has to stand up and so on and so on, if someone cant stand up, they cantr see! Whats the point of going to a rugby match if you cant see! I like going to games where you can stand, a good reminder of central park. But if you are at an all seater ground sit down! Fair enough jump up and down when they score but a seat is made for sitting, take the hint!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

gab0512 posted:
My best friend nearly died at Hillsborough, and he lost his nephew. Reason for sitting!! enough said.

Maybe a little polite conversation with the steward would help rather than just complaining.

Can i just start by giving my condolences to your freind and yourself.
Secondly hillsborough disatster did not occur because everyone was stood up. It was because people were climbing in without tickets and the organasation of the event was not good . I understand your view but i cant see that there is anything wrong with standing if it is kept friendly like it always is at the rugby.
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

Thanks KT4EVER. Even after 15 years the subject of Hillsborough is still extremely raw for my friend (understandably).

I love the all seater stadiums as they IMO provide the best views and comfort for the vast majority of people. I just find people standing and obstructing views for others to be a little annoying. Especially when it's for no other reason than for atmosphere etc.

I personally jump up when we score or come close as the passion takes over. I do agree that for all other times we have a nice plastic seat provided, and we should sit in it to be polite to other fans.

The JJB is one of the better seating areas - I sit on the Kop with my friend, where there is no leg room and seats are extremely close together. As I am not small (previous post), it gets very uncomfortable.

I have been supporting Wigan since my first game when I was 4 ('71) and over the years CP became very run down and not fan friendly in modern times. Although I have great memories of CP and shed a tear or few on the last game, I don't think the JJB could be faulted for it's modern facilities etc.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

could we not have a bit of both, and leave a bit of terracing behind the sticks for fans to have a choice
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

waterside glens posted:
could we not have a bit of both, and leave a bit of terracing behind the sticks for fans to have a choice
That would have been nice but unfortunately we have to suffer fron the football rules as long as we are ground-sharing.