Brian Carney!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Brian Carney!!

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

What a tosser! Tommy drops the ball for his try! Are you having a laugh mate?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
stevo38

Re: Brian Carney!!

Post by stevo38 »

defo got some grievance with wigan ,siverwood was very poor , fev were awesome
phil winnard

Post by phil winnard »

Yes you wouldn't think he is an ex Wigan player. Seemed he was desperate for Tommys try to be disallowed.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

I think it was more to do with wanting Fev win or get back in the game then being against Wigan, Sky would be the same if any other Superleague team was in the same situation.
doc

Post by doc »

To be fair, I thought Tommy dropped it when I saw the replay and he certainly didn't look confident of getting the decision.

Saying that, they had two dodgy tries as well!
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

The whole event seemed to me to be about Fev and it being their cup final etc etc. And to be honest I've no real issue with that. It was a nothing game for us really and Fev's players and coaching staff turned it into a real battle.

Having said that, the Fev bias seemed to allow everyone and mainly the ref to forget that there are rules to the game.
Carney too was so wrapped up in the event that everything was said through blue and white tinted glasses.
The Lulu try being a case in point. Anyone could see that that was a try and I don't think so called experts should be commenting on it not being.

I was annoyed last night with a lot of things.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
RJ

Post by RJ »

A lot of the commentary team seemed to only be interested in Featherstone. Certainly they played well as I expected but there were certainly some questionable decisions made, and by and large I thought in Fev's favour and some of the comments made were almost laughable.
jobo

Post by jobo »

To be fair to the commentary team, this game was always going to be about Fev, as long as they could keep Wigan in sight. Having said that, Carney did seem to show his true colours. Think O'Connor gave the unbiased view.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I can understand the wanting to sell the underdog story etc BUT when they start describing Lima as a giant it beggars belief. Jeff is not a BIG prop, stand alongside him if you get the chance.
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

RJ wrote:A lot of the commentary team seemed to only be interested in Featherstone. Certainly they played well as I expected but there were certainly some questionable decisions made, and by and large I thought in Fev's favour and some of the comments made were almost laughable.
Totally agree. Many people on here, me included, have been annoyed by Eddie & Stevo's commentary in the past but the biased drivel spouted by Bill Arthur last night was disgusting. Very unprofessional