Officiating again!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Officiating again!!!!!

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The video ref tonight is clearly more inept than Silverwood, the KR 2nd try? Oh my god, how is that not a double movement? And what is the screeching sound on tv all through the game? Terrible coverage tonight!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ancientnloyal

Re: Officiating again!!!!!

Post by ancientnloyal »

I thought it was my. Ipad making the noises luckily it wasnt.

Shizzle officiating tonight.

Hope the ref is ok, fractured tibia he suffered
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Are refs full time? Are they surely not supposed to be getting better? I hate to keep ranting about this but they make a mockery of games and scorelines! They are clearly getting worse which is not right considering the training and funding they receive. This needs to be addressed big time because it is falling apart and ruining our game! Even the video refs are making howlers.

On a positive, Charnley, Gelling, Finch and Goulding. I said a few weeks ago on another thread that Goulding reminds me of Jamie Lyon but obviously not in the same class, well if he keeps progressing like he is doing then I might have to eat my words, what a good player.

Disappointing scoreline in the end but job done.

Sorry, Mossop good again, Lima and H reliable as ever. Finally very good Sam try but horrific defence.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:And what is the screeching sound on tv all through the game? Terrible coverage tonight!
At a guess I'd say dodgy audio set up.Seemed to be a bleed over between the ground audio & the mikes of the Sky muppets.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Are refs full time? Are they surely not supposed to be getting better? I hate to keep ranting about this but they make a mockery of games and scorelines! They are clearly getting worse which is not right considering the training and funding they receive. This needs to be addressed big time because it is falling apart and ruining our game! Even the video refs are making howlers.

On a positive, Charnley, Gelling, Finch and Goulding. I said a few weeks ago on another thread that Goulding reminds me of Jamie Lyon but obviously not in the same class, well if he keeps progressing like he is doing then I might have to eat my words, what a good player.

Sorry, Mossop good again, Lima and H reliable as ever. Finally very good Sam try but horrific defence.
Jeff giving away some silly penalties again whic we need out of our game play.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Are refs full time? Are they surely not supposed to be getting better? I hate to keep ranting about this but they make a mockery of games and scorelines! They are clearly getting worse which is not right considering the training and funding they receive. This needs to be addressed big time because it is falling apart and ruining our game! Even the video refs are making howlers.

Agree somewhat, Moss taking the ball up well, "H" really beefs up our defence but Jeff gave away some silly penalties again which we need out of our game play.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bourbon_rat wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:And what is the screeching sound on tv all through the game? Terrible coverage tonight!
At a guess I'd say dodgy audio set up.Seemed to be a bleed over between the ground audio & the mikes of the Sky muppets.
From where we sit in the East Stand, the visuals on the Big Screen have been garbage for the last few games!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Was just saying the same to my brother. It wasn't bad officiating, it was worse than that as there appeared to be an agenda (again). Bentham was doing a decent job, but once he left the pitch it went downhill rapidly.

They were constantly lying on, interfering at the play the ball, and I don't think they were blown up once in the whole game for being blatantly offside.
Good job we put on a decent score before they tried to 'level things up'.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I couldn't believe it when the replacement ref needed a video ref decision for Gelling's 2nd try, he was stood right in front of Gelling when he touched the ball down over the line!!!

Who was the replacement? Mr Magoo!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Did people not notice how quick the video ref decisions were?

This will have been because Sky's schedule will have been screwed up with the injury to the ref. Ganson will have been told not to hang about with his decisions.

Now you could say they were all clear cut but that doesn't normally stop him and the rest of them replaying them over and over in a normal game.

If the video ref is about fairness and improving decisions then you can't compromise it by telling them to be quick so the adverts can come on the TV!

This also suggests to me the "drama" we normally see over video ref decisions is just that - drama. It's done for show and he will know on his first viewing in many cases if it is a try or not.

If any of this is correct then it shows our refs are working to a script and if they are, what else is on it?