BBC article

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

BBC article

Post by DaveO »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 273081.stm

This is the sortof publicity Farrel's move is generating.

Where is the corresponding "Which RU playey would do well in League artical?"

There isn't one because it nver crossed their minds to wite it and that won't be because they don't consider Union players up to the job!

Dave
Welski

Re: BBC article

Post by Welski »

Dave ...do you see this as RL positive or negative?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Welski

Post by Welski »

Also do you remember Jonah Lomu? Loads of newspaper talk when he burst onto (actually through!) the scene that he would HAVE to move to RL. He was so well suited and would earn a fortune. The way Tuigamala did.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Welski posted:
I see the fact there isn't a comparable article for players going the other way as RL negative.

The srticle itself states Horn wowld (primarily) make a good winger in RU which is another swipe at an RL players ability. He is a half back not a winger and at 22 obviously not good enough to play scrum half in union!

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Welski posted:
Also do you remember Jonah Lomu? Loads of newspaper talk when he burst onto (actually through!) the scene that he would HAVE to move to RL. He was so well suited and would earn a fortune. The way Tuigamala did.
Eh? That was a long time ago and would it happen today?

Dave
Welski

Post by Welski »

DaveO posted:
Welski posted:
The srticle itself states Horn wowld (primarily) make a good winger in RU which is another swipe at an RL players ability. He is a half back not a winger and at 22 obviously not good enough to play scrum half in union!

Dave
I see it differently mate. Horne is a half back in RL. A RU scrum half is a different position. I dont think many positions translate across the codes these days. I see it that you've a list of guys, they are suggesting, could walk into the first team of the World Champs of a different sport!
Welski

Post by Welski »

DaveO posted:
Welski posted:
Eh? That was a long time ago and would it happen today?

Dave
I know it was a long time ago but it was when the flow was the other way owing to prevailing market forces.

Would it happen today? No.

But it will happen again, (if) the RL administration sort out the apparent restrictive practices on salaries.

RL and RU are two differents sports that happen to share a common ancestry and similar player atributes. IMHO both are great to watch unfortunately at the moment there is financial disparity in the way both codes are managed.
We want some

Post by We want some »

I am not happy that we in Ireland are not getting in on the act. It is time the two best backs in the world O'Driscol and Carney played in the same Irish team. I mean nobody even knows his name here he should be playing a real international game :D
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

We want some posted:
I am not happy that we in Ireland are not getting in on the act. It is time the two best backs in the world O'Driscol and Carney played in the same Irish team. I mean nobody even knows his name here he should be playing a real international game :D
i don,t think o,driscol is thinking of playing R.L. :doz: :D
We want some

Post by We want some »

Now there is an idea you might actualy beat the Aussies for once all it takes is a bit of Union know how.