Webb to leave Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Webb to leave Leeds

Post by josie andrews »

Full back Brent Webb will leave Leeds at the end of the season after rejecting the club's offer of a new deal.

Webb, 32, joined the Rhinos from New Zealand Warriors in 2007 and will make his 150th start for the club in Monday night's game against St Helens.

Chief executive Gary Hetherington said: "Having had discussions with Brent, we understand he is keen to try and secure a two year contract in Super League for next season. We are not in a position to offer him that and therefore we have granted him permission to speak to other clubs about next season and beyond."

The Kiwi international has scored 86 tries in a hugely successful spell at the club, where he has picked up four Grand Final winners rings.

He was linked with a move away from Headingley last season, but signed a new one year deal at the club.

Webb said: "It was a very difficult decision to decide to move on from Leeds Rhinos at the end of the season but as a professional player you know that eventually that day will come. I have had some fantastic times here in Leeds, in my family’s life and not just on the rugby field however I will take all those memories with me when I move on."

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_904 ... eeds.html?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
warrior1989

Re: Webb to leave Leeds

Post by warrior1989 »

Would you not give him a one year contract for next year ? Give him a shot ? I know I probably sound ridiculous and and I imagine what people are gonna say but its just a thought.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

warrior1989 wrote:Would you not give him a one year contract for next year ? Give him a shot ? I know I probably sound ridiculous and and I imagine what people are gonna say but its just a thought.
No way!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

warrior1989 wrote:Would you not give him a one year contract for next year ? Give him a shot ? I know I probably sound ridiculous and and I imagine what people are gonna say but its just a thought.
Not a chance. I'd rather shoot him than give him a shot. I think he has lost a lot and more people would realise how poor he had become if the officials started pulling back the forwrda passes he makes when setting up any try out wide. Plus, he is a whingey little thing who gets right up the nose of the referee, even more than Sam. It surprises me that Leeds haven't already made the move to put Jones-Bishop at full-back for the immediate future.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Yes, I think he should replace Sam at FB.

Well, you started it! :lol:
cook123

Post by cook123 »

Firstle where would you play him? he isn't a better fullback than sam and cannot play sh as he isn't that good a passer.
Secondly if we offered him a one year contract he would turn it down - that is the reason he is leaving leeds as he wants two years!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Once a Whino will remain a Whino regardless of who he signs for.He may once have been a class act but he's got the nasty little traits ingrained into him since he arrived at Leeds.I hope Wigan give him no consideration.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Never seen a player in SL throw more forward passes than Brent Webb, and its digraceful how many he gets away with which often leads to tries.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

No thankyou simple!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Four or five years ago yes, now certainly not