Castleford in move for Shenton

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Castleford in move for Shenton

Post by josie andrews »

CASTLEFORD coach Ian Millward is stepping up his search for new three-quarters and has admitted an interest in bringing England centre Michael Shenton back to the Probiz Coliseum.

Shenton is halfway through a three-year contract at St Helens but is thought to have been given permission to talk to other clubs and Hull and Hull KR could both rival the Tigers for his signature.

“We’re in the market for any good centres and obviously he comes into that category but we’re not advanced in any talks with Michael,” said Millward.

“Our priority is to sign two centres and we’re very active in the market place.”

The Tigers are thought to be resigned to losing 20-year-old England Knights centre Joe Arundel, who is out of contract at the end of the season and has been linked with a move to Hull.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/ru ... z1vDEu0cH1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Re: Castleford in move for Shenton

Post by markill »

I wonder if we had a look at Arundel, he looks promising. Although, so did Shenton at 20 y/o
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I reckon Shenton will return to form eventually and put this sorry episode behind him. Stains fans cannot except they didn't have the God given right for their 2006 success to continue in perpetuity. So they blame anyone and everyone.

So far, only St James has escaped criticism but now every team has sussed him as their only threat, its only a matter of time!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

At the Magic Forum last night on Radio Manchester, they got a text from a saints fan who said he's followed saints for 'x' amount of years & this is the worse team he has seen!!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shenton to leave Saints at the end of the season

SAINTS' international centre Michael Shenton will be returning to his former club Castleford at the end of the season.

Although Shenton had been contracted at Langtree Park for another season, he will now return to his hometown on a four-year deal.

Saints have already been heavily linked with Hull's Jordan Turner as a possible replacement.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/sai ... e_season/?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I believe Saints are contributing to his Cas wages. Talk about boosting a lads ego!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Kittwazzer wrote:I believe Saints are contributing to his Cas wages. Talk about boosting a lads ego!
I can't believe that??