Gaz Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Gaz Hock

Post by cpwigan »

Tremendous effort from a natural RL player.

Some idiots like Medlocke/Baked Bean Boogie cried foul when Wigan signed him again. Some of you said Hoffman was better. Hoff was an excellent player but Hock is far better and important IMO. I aint wrong much either unlike some COUGH COUGH medlocke
KOOCH

Re: Gaz Hock

Post by KOOCH »

The idiot that was Medlock hid behind a key board slating Hock wonder if he would do so face to face.This site is much better of without this idiot.Hock is one of our games most naturally gifted players with his off loads his running lines his work rate etc.If Medlock could not see this in a player then he never understood rugby league or I suspect life in general.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Hock was fantastic again tonight. Contender for MOTM, and another controlled performance showing his class. I'm sure his performance was one of the ones Wane was most proud of tonight. I know I was.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Just said it about Sam on another thread, Hock is a world class 2nd rower.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Tremendous effort from a natural RL player.

Some idiots like Medlocke/Baked Bean Boogie cried foul when Wigan signed him again. Some of you said Hoffman was better. Hoff was an excellent player but Hock is far better and important IMO. I aint wrong much either unlike some COUGH COUGH medlocke
To say Hock is far better is a big exaggeration CPW. Hoffman is not as naturally talented as Hock but he is still the smarter player. Hock has one way to play the game, 100% full on. It works most of the time but occasionally you need someone with a brain to know when that apporach isn't required. Hoffman had that particular strength. Hock doesn't. If Hock learned that skill he'd be the complete player.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Tremendous effort from a natural RL player.

To say Hock is far better is a big exaggeration CPW. Hoffman is not as naturally talented as Hock but he is still the smarter player. Hock has one way to play the game, 100% full on. It works most of the time but occasionally you need someone with a brain to know when that apporach isn't required. Hoffman had that particular strength. Hock doesn't. If Hock learned that skill he'd be the complete player.
But DaveO if he did learn that skill would we not lose some of what Gaz is all about, the X factor type player, taking the rough with the smooth. I think his attitude and behaviour this year has been incredibly mature and improved.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bazward76

Post by bazward76 »

Hock was excellent tonight. He's a class act. Certainly a contender for man of the match.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Hock on his day is the best English second row bar none and he should be a shoe in for the England team.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
But DaveO if he did learn that skill would we not lose some of what Gaz is all about, the X factor type player, taking the rough with the smooth. I think his attitude and behaviour this year has been incredibly mature and improved.
I don't think so as there are players (though they are rare) who have both Hoffmans brain and Hocks skill. The best example was the greatest of the lot - Ellery Hanley.

Although Hock's international appearances have been limited due to his ban I reckon he comes closer to the ideal when playing for England in these games. Not sure why that would be but he seems more focused and less likely to try and beat a team on his own when playing for England than Wigan.

Perhaps we should sell him to Saints for £500,000?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

just because you don't agree with other peoples opinion, there's no need to slag them off or call them idiots.
Nowt wrong with debating opinions without going into personal comments.
I know there is history, but why drag it all up again?

And yes, it is good to see GH back to his best :)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered