Game tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Game tonight

Post by ChrisA »

We tried hard, but indiscipline and a severe lack of ideas going forward, we are not capable of playing the sort of attacking rugby that Saints and Leeds play, we have not been capable of that for a long while. This is why when it comes down to it we will not win the Super League again this season. Even when we have a fully fit squad, we are not dynamic enough going forward, we rely on the same players and the same basic moves week in and week out.

On the plus side, most of our new players had good games tonight, Seuseu needs to sort his discipline out fast, if he does he will be 1 of the top props this season. Vaeliki looked fairly sharp tonight, alot better than he did last week.
mario

Re: Game tonight

Post by mario »

Vaeliki looked sharp? How much did you drink before the game?
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Have a look at the video of the second half.
I have to agree. He impressed me far more than Jamie Lyon did last night and he is the one they have all been praising
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

mario posted:
Come back when you know somthing about rugby, until then sit down.
mario

Post by mario »

ChrisA posted:
mario posted:
Chris, if you thought he looked sharp then you obviously no nout about rugby. We'd have been better keeping Gary Connonly because he's still sharper than Vaeliki. now you sit down, it might clear your head.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Set up one try and scored another, as I remember. if he keeps improving as he has so far he'll do ok for me!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

He made several good runs, showed a decent sidestep and good handoff, scored 1 try and setup another, and was prepared to try to beat people on the outside, but obviously he needs to go the full legnth 3 times to impress our super Mario here. You can see the people who haved played the game on this site and those who havnt, it stands out a mile.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

I think Dave V was one of our good points tonight. He defended well,scored a good try and also made a few good breaks.Mario give him time to settle before you judge!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mario posted:
ChrisA posted:
mario posted:
Chris, if you thought he looked sharp then you obviously no nout about rugby. We'd have been better keeping Gary Connonly because he's still sharper than Vaeliki. now you sit down, it might clear your head.
Bloody hell can u all calm down. We lost by 2 points to a side that will be in the top 6. Vaialeki was fairly sound in the second half and defensivly is solid.

Your excpecting miracles or what. Moran will take time to settle and as for bring back Connolly bloody hell he wasnt good enough for the 17 last season when we had injuries.

We need prop cover. Guisett is dependable and will help but Danny Sculthorpe is the one we need fit. Were you all excpecting to go all season unbeaten. Wakefield are now a good side. Without forward power it will be a long season. but we have Dallas Carney Sculthorpe Farrell (ok he might leave soon)out injured and lost Davico. 4 of them are World Class and if at least 3 are back within a month it will be a massive boost.

Just on another note to put Betts under pressure it was announced last night that the Gwent Dragons cannot afford to keep Chris Anderson (Ex Australian Coach) on as coach for next season. I feel sorry for Betts but i can see Anderson being the coach for next season. The team will need to win a trophy or Mo will get restless again. And even after winning a trophy they have gone.

Well finish in the top 6. So can u all calm down and be a bit realistic were notoriously slow starters and get better as time goes on.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

GeoffN posted:
Set up one try and scored another, as I remember. if he keeps improving as he has so far he'll do ok for me!
Good to see Vaealiki start to get into the game a bit. I'm also glad to see that the majority of you are willing to give him a chance to get back into it. The Australian league is a very different game than the English one so it's hard enough for a player over here to make the transition let alone when he's been out with a serious injury for a season. Expect plenty more of those tries to come!
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!