Game tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Game tonight

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
Just on another note to put Betts under pressure it was announced last night that the Gwent Dragons cannot afford to keep Chris Anderson (Ex Australian Coach) on as coach for next season. I feel sorry for Betts but i can see Anderson being the coach for next season. The team will need to win a trophy or Mo will get restless again. And even after winning a trophy they have gone.
Isn't that what Andrew Farrer's here for, to take over from Betts when Chairman Mo has decided he hasn't torn up enough contracts recently?

I can see Anderson maybe coming to Wigan under the guise of "Director of Rugby" or some other nonsense title like they have at Leeds, a level of ambiguous authority above the coach but below the Chairman.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

the ref spoilt the game by letting the penalty count rise without warning. he also missed colborn being impeded as he tried to run down one of the wildcats tries.i think with abit of luck and maybe a bit more disapline we could have won this game.we need our injured players back quick,though i still think both teams look a level below the leeds/saints fare that was served up on friday night
Steph

Post by Steph »

I agree the ref did spoil the game because of all the pen he gave each side and what about Wanye Godwin sent to the sinbin what did he do :conf:
xxxxxxx Warriors 2008 xxxxxx
ooooooooooooo were the greatest club in the world
we've got barrett n kenny
edwards n hanley
boston n kevin iroooooo
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I watched the game and then saw highlights of the second half when I eventually got home. I'm going to take the middle ground with Vaealiki, he did provide the offload for Hock's try and did score a try (albeit a prop could have got that one, but good support). However, he seemed to cancel out each positive with a negative. Probably the best run he made from deep he tried to offload and threw forward. There were a couple of occassions when we were defending the terraced end when Wakey ran past him and he then slowly trotted back into the line. He doesn't look anywhere near fully fit, maybe he'll come good but at the moment he isn't performing well, a bit like Danny Orr last season, fits and starts.

The positives of the game were the younger lads performances, I thought Colbon played like an experienced 3/4, caught very well, tackled well (I'm sure Rooney was in touch for his try) and ran well. The last five minutes of the game were good, we were putting on the pressure but without panicing too much and kept hold of the ball well, if we can apply the same want-to-win for a full 80 we'd be a decent side.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Steph posted:
I agree the ref did spoil the game because of all the pen he gave each side and what about Wanye Godwin sent to the sinbin what did he do :conf:
It was just unfortunate on him, it was for repeated holding down or not standing sqaure (can't remember which), he just decided to draw a card when Godwin offended.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

Steph posted:
yeah i thought he was very harsh on wayne when you look at the length of time one of the wildcats players had spent rolling around just before.plus he missed the ball landing on the linefrom one of their kicks which gained them 20 yards
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fraggle posted:
thegimble posted:
Just on another note to put Betts under pressure it was announced last night that the Gwent Dragons cannot afford to keep Chris Anderson (Ex Australian Coach) on as coach for next season. I feel sorry for Betts but i can see Anderson being the coach for next season. The team will need to win a trophy or Mo will get restless again. And even after winning a trophy they have gone.

Which ever way we look at it its Betts i feel sorry for now. The players must win something or he will be removed. Anderson is the best man on record but Betts has performed amazingly considering the circumstances he has had to deal with in the last 18 months.
Isn't that what Andrew Farrer's here for, to take over from Betts when Chairman Mo has decided he hasn't torn up enough contracts recently?

I can see Anderson maybe coming to Wigan under the guise of "Director of Rugby" or some other nonsense title like they have at Leeds, a level of ambiguous authority above the coach but below the Chairman.
mario

Post by mario »

ChrisA posted:
He made several good runs, showed a decent sidestep and good handoff, scored 1 try and setup another, and was prepared to try to beat people on the outside, but obviously he needs to go the full legnth 3 times to impress our super Mario here. You can see the people who haved played the game on this site and those who havnt, it stands out a mile.
Don't actually want him to run full length of the field,although it would be nice,but don't think he'd have the stamina. It would be nice though if he could pick the ball up when it drops in front of him or even drop on it. when Moran through the wayward pass that led to thier second try , he was the nearest player to the ball but got nowhere near to making the tackle.
I wonder from your arrogance chris, are you Chris Anderson?