ONLY TEAM THAT CAN BEAT WIGAN AT THE MOMENT

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiggydoran

ONLY TEAM THAT CAN BEAT WIGAN AT THE MOMENT

Post by wiggydoran »

Just had to listen to Eddie Hemmings go on a about What team could match wigan at the moment. I think we need to watch out for the following team:

1. Super man
2. Robin
3. Batman
4. Mario
5. Luigi
6. Captain America
7. Iron Man
8. The Hulk
9. Spider man
10.The Thing
11.wolverine
12.Hancock
13.Mr Incredible

Bench
14. Raphael
15. Donatello
16. Michaelangelo
17. Leonardo

100% Warrior

Re: ONLY TEAM THAT CAN BEAT WIGAN AT THE MOMENT

Post by 100% Warrior »

:lol:

But joking aside the only team to beat us is ourselves.

It may be boring and cliche but it's a case of taking each game as it comes and respecting every opponent we face.

Start believing our own hype then we end up with egg on our face. Stay professional and results/trophies will take care of themselves.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

wiggydoran wrote:Just had to listen to Eddie Hemmings go on a about What team could match wigan at the moment. I think we need to watch out for the following team:

1. Super man
2. Robin
3. Batman
4. Mario
5. Luigi
6. Captain America
7. Iron Man
8. The Hulk
9. Spider man
10.The Thing
11.wolverine
12.Hancock
13.Mr Incredible

Bench
14. Raphael
15. Donatello
16. Michaelangelo
17. Leonardo

Batman and Robin might make a good wing/centre partnership going forward, but in defence they're weak. I think Wigan would be able to exploit that weakness and beat that side. Would be close though, and I'm not happy that Richards is playing full back for them...
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i laughed at that but in a bit of seriousness we need to do the same to Wire when we play them. i have full confidence we will win though.

Also Hancock is too small to do the Gaz Hock job. :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I also think Mark Bitcom would be unhappy with your bench unless they agreed to a change of diet! :lol:
BriH

Post by BriH »

100% Warrior wrote: :lol:

But joking aside the only team to beat us is ourselves.

It may be boring and cliche but it's a case of taking each game as it comes and respecting every opponent we face.

Start believing our own hype then we end up with egg on our face. Stay professional and results/trophies will take care of themselves.
Last nights post match comments from Shaun and Sam indicate to me there is no chance of that.
They are mean and hungry just like Shaun Edwards used to be.
OJ

Post by OJ »

And hard as it may be we have to keep our cool as well as that looks like the best way teams will get the better of us at the moment. Saints did their best last week and Leeds were trying the same thing last night. Sam needs to have that mouthguard wired in during matches as he'll push a ref too far before long and that business with JJB whilst understandable was un-necessary as well. He's good enough to outclass them all without that although it must be hard for him with all the flack and sly digs he has to take during a game.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

donny

Post by donny »

It may that we are running out of players, time for captain Marvel, only Joking.
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Dont want to put a downer on a comedy thread, but realistically, there's only really Wire that are gonna give us a game now i reckon. Unless we self destruct ourselves of course.

However. With Tommy, Dudson, Prescott, Flower, Fielden (not that he's really played a part!), HH and Paddy still out. Our depth is gonna be tested to the max. One things for sure, i'm not looking forward to missing Tommy's defensive strength against Wire. Briers is gonna have a field day with us.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Unfortunately, the team that beats Wigsan might be the bloody stupid Exiles. :angry:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09