Faz to be a Tiger ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Faz to be a Tiger ?

Post by 100% Warrior »

:o

Just read on ITV Teletext that Andy Farrell visited Welford Road (home of Leicester Tigers) on Friday.

Quote from Leicester states that if they sign him it will likely he will play either 12 (which I know is a centre) or 6 (as I don't pay too much attention to the "other" code, I don't know what position this is).

From this it would appear that Captain Faz is indeed on his way to play rugby union.

If this is the case I hope he makes a huge success of it and shows what a superb sport rugby league is.

Also, just seen the half time scores, Bradford are losing 16-6 at Widnes.
mrs_carney

Re: Faz to be a Tiger ?

Post by mrs_carney »

GO widnes!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Its 31- 22 to widnes.

wire have beaten leigh 26 - 22
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

2 surprises! Bulls losing again and the Leythers getting so close. Huddersfield got close to Hull, as well. I think there's going to be a lot of upsets this season, even compared to last, although I dont see much difference to the eventual top six, apart from the order.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

100% Warrior posted:

Just read on ITV Teletext that Andy Farrell visited Welford Road (home of Leicester Tigers) on Friday.

Quote from Leicester states that if they sign him it will likely he will play either 12 (which I know is a centre) or 6 (as I don't pay too much attention to the "other" code, I don't know what position this is).

From this it would appear that Captain Faz is indeed on his way to play rugby union.

If this is the case I hope he makes a huge success of it and shows what a superb sport rugby league is.

6 is flanker isn't it?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

robjoenz posted:
100% Warrior posted:

6 is flanker isn't it?
Yes its a flanker. They are considering him as a centre also.

This all smacks of desperation on the RFU. They do not have a like for like role for him in union so they are desperatley finding a position in any clubb for him.

Welsh rugby union did the same with Harris. Played him out of position at centre and then sent him back to League. The RFU as in a dseperate situation as all there effort was placed on the world cup and no plans were in place for the future.

At centre hell be found lacking for genuine pace and as a flanker he could struggle as he has never played the role before.

But if he is going hes got to be honest with us all asap or he could leave under a cloud.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If you read the linked story it sounds to me like the RFU have touted farrell around numerous clubs who were not, a short while ago, thinking of signing him.

This seems to have come from the powers that be in the RFU that it might be a good idea to have Farrell on board but now the details need to be worked out it is not as plain sailing as they might first have thought.

There is nothing in that artical that says the Tigers were desperate to sign Farrell. I acknowledge they aren't going to look a gift horse in the mouth if the RFU bosses deliver him to their door but I still don't think its a done deal.

Wigan want a fee for him which they are entitled to given he is under contract and even that is starting to appear as a sticking point.

Dave