Phil Clarke's OPTA stats

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Phil Clarke's OPTA stats

Post by Kittwazzer »

He has used his formula to choose England v Exiles squads. I might write a bit more when I've stopped laughing! :lol:
i'm spartacus

Re: Phil Clarke's OPTA stats

Post by i'm spartacus »

Kittwazzer wrote:He has used his formula to choose England v Exiles squads. I might write a bit more when I've stopped laughing! :lol:
It isn't actually his formula. The opta rating system has nothing to do with Phil Clarke and he has no input into it.

I agree though it doesn't seem to pick some you would have thought would be in. No Charnley or Hock in it, and of course it wont take into account the english players plying their trade in the NRL. I really don't see Hardaker as a selection at all after Sam made him look like a turnstile last Friday.

1) Sam Tomkins

2) Jodie Broughton

3) Ryan Atkins

4) Zak Hardaker

5) Ryan Hall

6) Danny Brough

7) Rangi Chase

8) Eorl Crabtree

9) James Roby

10) Jamie Peacock

11) Jon Wilkin

12) Danny Tickle

13) Sean O'Loughlin
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Just shows that statistics don't always tell the full story because for me at least 8, maybe 9, should not be in that team. Maybe I am being old fashioned but surely an International team should be picked on current form with a tiny sprinkle of experience, no? Sam, Charnley, Goulding, MM, Mossop, Hock, Lockers maybe HH if eligible and fit and Preccy, if fit, should be certs, maybe I am biased?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

My formula would be:

Tries
Charnley - 21
Broughton - 8
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote: should be certs, maybe I am biased?
Seeing that you picked almost the entire Wigan squad mate, it's a fair comment. :D

As long as the other members of the Wigan squad are playing for the exiles :lol:
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

The OPTA chosen Exiles squad had neither Finch nor Leuluai, so again stats don't pick great teams. It also had Kearney at FB instread of Hodgson.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

i'm spartacus wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: should be certs, maybe I am biased?
Seeing that you picked almost the entire Wigan squad mate, it's a fair comment. :D

As long as the other members of the Wigan squad are playing for the exiles :lol:
Haha, I know but I can't help but think that our current English born players are comfortably out performing other English players especially Charnley and Goulding and why they are not in the squad is baffling!

To be honest for the sake of Wigan I don't want any players in either squad!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett