whelan and the rise of latics

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rugbyh8ter

Re: whelan and the rise of...

Post by rugbyh8ter »

PS Bit odd this board, I'm not registered and my reply appears as coming from rugbyh8ter...

as am i. :lol:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Oh give over, no fiddling with the gates? You're talking out of your ****.

I'd like to start off by saying that I had absolutely nothing against the Latics or their supporters 2 seasons ago and I was really proud of them for going up into the first division and for a while I hoped that they would do well but now I can't stand most of the fans. The arrogance and hatred that has come from a lot of them is just un necessary, can I remind you that Latics have not actually achieved anything special yet compared to the Warriors. Yes it's an achievement to be up in the first division but there is still another one above you. Have you got any trophies to show us? Do you have more fans? (are your fans wiganers or just spiteful saints fans?...ahem couldn't help that one)

As for the comment about gates being fixed, I did go to a Latics game 2 seasons ago, was in the north stand that was pretty full, the south was half full and the east and west were very much empty even though it was quite a local opposition and I remember they announced the crowd as being over 12,000. There was nowhere near 12,000. Do the free tickets that have been given out to schools get counted as part of the match day attendance?

Anyway, I'm not one bit worried if Latics go up down or stay where they are. We're staying at the JJB with the loyal fans. I can't believe that any true wigan rugby league supporter would even admit to thinking about getting rid of their season ticket to go and watch something else. To be quite honest, that's not the kind of fans we need. I'm not totally rugby biased, I'm a big Man U fan and generally love most sports I just get very wound up at how unloyal some "fans" can be.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

you must go with the tides of change.
Fickle.

I'll be going nowhere, I'll be sitting in my seat behind the sticks in the south stand wearing my cherry and white shirt with the other true wigan warriors supporters.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Steph

Post by Steph »

MrsLam posted:
Oh give over, no fiddling with the gates? You're talking out of your ****.

I'd like to start off by saying that I had absolutely nothing against the Latics or their supporters 2 seasons ago and I was really proud of them for going up into the first division and for a while I hoped that they would do well but now I can't stand most of the fans. The arrogance and hatred that has come from a lot of them is just un necessary, can I remind you that Latics have not actually achieved anything special yet compared to the Warriors. Yes it's an achievement to be up in the first division but there is still another one above you. Have you got any trophies to show us? Do you have more fans? (are your fans wiganers or just spiteful saints fans?...ahem couldn't help that one)

As for the comment about gates being fixed, I did go to a Latics game 2 seasons ago, was in the north stand that was pretty full, the south was half full and the east and west were very much empty even though it was quite a local opposition and I remember they announced the crowd as being over 12,000. There was nowhere near 12,000. Do the free tickets that have been given out to schools get counted as part of the match day attendance?

Anyway, I'm not one bit worried if Latics go up down or stay where they are. We're staying at the JJB with the loyal fans. I can't believe that any true wigan rugby league supporter would even admit to thinking about getting rid of their season ticket to go and watch something else. To be quite honest, that's not the kind of fans we need. I'm not totally rugby biased, I'm a big Man U fan and generally love most sports I just get very wound up at how unloyal some "fans" can be.
I am a man u fan and i sit about 6 rows up from u on the right :D
xxxxxxx Warriors 2008 xxxxxx
ooooooooooooo were the greatest club in the world
we've got barrett n kenny
edwards n hanley
boston n kevin iroooooo
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Great...make my day now I have a stalker!

How do you know you sit 6 rows up from me??????

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Steph

Post by Steph »

I don't you sit behide the sticks don't you
edwards n hanley
boston n kevin iroooooo
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Ohh fair enough. Yeah I sit behind the sticks a few rows up, don't know why I keep putting myself through the torment though. Everytime we score a try under the sticks, I start panicking about getting hit when the conversions taken. At the same time though it's a great place to be, you can really put the opposition off

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Steph

Post by Steph »

MrsLam posted:
Ohh fair enough. Yeah I sit behind the sticks a few rows up, don't know why I keep putting myself through the torment though. Everytime we score a try under the sticks, I start panicking about getting hit when the conversions taken. At the same time though it's a great place to be, you can really put the opposition off
I sat there when we played leeds at home last season and it was a great place to sit but then i went to the top sometimes me and elizwigan go down there if there are any seats cause we only get in the south stand at 7.20 because we go to max's club
edwards n hanley
boston n kevin iroooooo
rugbyh8ter

Post by rugbyh8ter »

So you're "big Man U fans ?"....says it all really

The Latics haven't achieved much in terms of trophies as they have always been a small fish in a vast ocean.
The rugby's history & achievements are proud ones but we have always been a big fish in waht is nationally a small pond and internationally a moderately sized puddle ...think on ....

Luca Brazzi (not rugby thingy 8er ....)
mario

Post by mario »

rugbyh8ter posted:
Reading some of the comments from RL types here I wonder if they live in the same town as most Wigan fans do.

Saturday saw a 17000+ gate with Leeds fans accounting for 5500 of that. In football, unlike in RL, there is no fiddling with the crowd figures in order to keep the salary cap high.

Get real chaps...

PS Bit odd this board, I'm not registered and my reply appears as coming from rugbyh8ter...
Up until thursday (17-02-05) Leeeds United had sold over 5,000 tickets at Elland Road alone. As you have to be a registered away club member to buy tickets for away games at Leeds, a lot of fans will have got tickets from the JJB!
The rugby club does'nt have to fiddle attendances as they're not able to spend thier profits. It pays Latics bills.