Best defence in the league!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Best defence in the league!!!

Post by Fraggle »

Scant consolation after Saturday's result but looking the league table tonight shows we've got the meanest defence in Superleague! I've not seen Saturday's game so don't know if that was evident or not, or was it more telling that we've also got the 2nd worst attack in the league...?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
The Hedonic Calculator

Re: Best defence in the league...

Post by The Hedonic Calculator »

At first I was rather surprised to read this, but in retrospect, we have been treated to some wonderful defensive play already. Conceeding a try with a man in the sin bin was disappointing but almost inevitable when the team was stretched out across their own goal line like that. I am suitably in awe.
THE PIANO HAS BEEN DRINKING

not me.
MrsLam

Re: Best defence in the le...

Post by MrsLam »

Just got to get our attacking play right now! I'm sure it will all come together very soon. (MrsLam lives in hope yet again) Leeds on the other hand have not got a particularly impressive defence, they look very weak, I don't know about statistically but they are most definitely not unbeatable this year. They do look strong in attack but their defence is easily broken down.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Steph

Post by Steph »

Yeah there defence is easily broken down i was watcing them agaist sain**
xxxxxxx Warriors 2008 xxxxxx
ooooooooooooo were the greatest club in the world
we've got barrett n kenny
edwards n hanley
boston n kevin iroooooo
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

We will just have to see how the defence holds up against the bigger clubs in the next few weeks! Even though that is a bit of an insult to the other clubs we have played, they both did play well but Wigan's defence was really second to none at the end of last season.
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

MrsLam, I am pleased to see that as a good Catholic girl you are living in hope not sin. :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ian.birchall posted:
MrsLam, I am pleased to see that as a good Catholic girl you are living in hope not sin. :lol:
I don't think they're mutually exclusive... :wink: