Bradford Enter Administration

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Bradford Enter Administration

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

10 days to save the club from liquidation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18554519
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Bradford Enter Administration

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Anyone knows what would happen if they cant partake in the rest of their fixtures?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The RLs franchise evalution is very thorough isn;t it? Only 6 months through a 3 year period and a selected club that was selected goes out of business. and yet Halifax don't. I thought financial security was part of the process. IMO the people at the rfl who were in charge of the franchising should be replaced, they didn't even know the welsh were going to withdraw for gods sake.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:The RLs franchise evalution is very thorough isn;t it? Only 6 months through a 3 year period and a selected club that was selected goes out of business. and yet Halifax don't. I thought financial security was part of the process. IMO the people at the rfl who were in charge of the franchising should be replaced, they didn't even know the welsh were going to withdraw for gods sake.
It would be interesting to see how Bradford were graded for the franchise application.

The RFL are complicit though because they bought the ground off Bradford. They have known the score for some time.

IIRC with the Crusaders things changed ownership-wise so I don't think the RFL are completely to blame there. They have not got a Crystal ball.

Will be interesting to see what happens here with Bradford.

Remember when London did the same they more or less carried on "as is" in SL. Bradford will point to that precedent no doubt.

Mo was opposed to this because he felt it wasn't on teams could just run up debts, go bust, re-form leaving the creditors high and dry. He wasn't very popular at the time because London was a bit of a sacred cow. Is Bradford or will a re-formed club have to start at the bottom of the pile in the lower leagues? I think the latter is what should happen myself.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Sad to see considering The Bulls history.But the question is just how many other clubs are skating on thin ice? Who's next? I do agree with Daveo regarding the Crusaders debacle.The rfl can in no way be held responsible for a change of ownership.But just who are the auditors when it comes to looking at the books or is it a case of doing a Warrington.Tell the rfl that everything is legit and bugger the consequences.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

mickw wrote: Where,s the half a mil the fans raised gone?
mickw wrote:Where,s the half a mil the fans raised gone?
It's in wires back pocket. :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Up the swanney. If it's in the Bulls bank account the administrator will use it to pay the creditors. The preferential ones first which is the bank and the tax man (I think). Suppliers and employees are well down the list!
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

DaveO wrote:
Up the swanney. If it's in the Bulls bank account the administrator will use it to pay the creditors. The preferential ones first which is the bank and the tax man (I think). Suppliers and employees are well down the list!
Banks, legal costs and employees first, HMRC are no longer a preferential creditor.

I feel sorry for the fans they have been screwed out of the team they support and the donations they made. It looks like the fans have been fed a pack of lies.

If the police are looking into the Rangers debacle, I wonder if they should do the same with the previous directors of Bradford and their begging for money which was not going to pay a debt they never fully revealed?
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Really sad news for the Bulls and the sport as a whole. I really hope they can sort it out before the deadline but it doesn't look good due to the present financial climate.

Hope that the Wigan speccies can give the Bulls a fantastic reception when they take to the field as their players and staff have given their all in a dire situation.

Their excellent fans certainly don't deserve to see their club go down the drain.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

El Bobbers wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Banks, legal costs and employees first, HMRC are no longer a preferential creditor.
Makes you wonder why HMRC would ever seek a winding up order if that is the case (not saying they did here, just a general comment).
I feel sorry for the fans they have been screwed out of the team they support and the donations they made. It looks like the fans have been fed a pack of lies.

If the police are looking into the Rangers debacle, I wonder if they should do the same with the previous directors of Bradford and their begging for money which was not going to pay a debt they never fully revealed?
I don't think it is that simple. It may be just a pre-packaged move into administration where the current directors use it to basically shaft the current creditors and then get a club with a clean slate at the end of it.

Opinion seems divided on rlfans if this is what is happening or not.

The fans have been shafted is because they gave that money to avoid going into administration.

There was a public slanging match between Hood and Caisley about just how much debt there was and so I would be interested to know if the current board have forced the issue rather than carry on trying to bail the club out. It may cost less to them to do it this way whereas the former lot may have tried to keep it going.