merged Ben Thaler Thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hanley the God!

merged Ben Thaler Thread

Post by Hanley the God! »

Thank you very much. You cheating f****ing ass****s!!!

Although we were pretty poor ... to be fair!!!!
Kittwazzer

Re: Ben Thaler .... and the rest of the RFL (exiles match I mean!)

Post by Kittwazzer »

Hanley the God! wrote:Thank you very much. You cheating f****ing ass****s!!!

Although we were pretty poor ... to be fair!!!!
Thought Thaler was a bit blatant. Swerved the VR for 2 of Leeds tries but used him for one of ours which was sound.

But I'll say it again, the game was lost in the first 5 minutes. Sometimes, even Superstars have a bad day.

Time to move on! :D
Matthew

Re: Ben Thaler .... and the rest of the RFL (exiles match...

Post by Matthew »

We were poor - thaler was worse.

Were the whinoes back ten at any point in the match? Never mind actually being square at marker. The missed forward passes from them must have been into the 30s. Baffling decisions and complete lack of control on the game. What does it take for a whinoes player to be sent to the bin? Surely dragging someone's leg when they broken 30 metres down field should qualify?

RL will never challenge union when the rules are so poorly enforced.

Need to forget about today and focus on securing the hubcap and then kicking on to the GF.

Gutted
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sadly if you do not play well you allow officiating to become a factor. Only Ben Thaler will know whether or not he was incompetent or corrupt. The McGuire knock on to not even go to the VR suggests the latter.

However, our poor display ultimately gave Thaler / RFL their opportunity.
Jules

Post by Jules »

No ref is corrupt in the game, but they all have bad days.
Today was just a very bad day for the officials. Was he backed up in any way by his touch judges here? If one had made the call on either of the two obvious non trys, 2nd try and the obvious knock on, then he may have gone to the video.
Two teams were poor today, Wigan and the officials.
Leeds were excellent.
It does say something, and its only a crumb, that when WIgan play badly, and the officials give away 18pts to the opposition, we only lose by less than 10 to the world champions.

Fortunately we will have a proper scrum half for the rest of the season. But we really need Pat back and some better attitude.
Jules

Post by Jules »

Correction, lost by 11. Stopped watching with 2 mins to go. Can you balme me :-)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote: However, our poor display ultimately gave Thaler / RFL their opportunity.
So let's all root for a Giants win tomorrow and give the RFL what they deserve. An empty Wembley Stadium! :angry:
neilwigan

Ben Thaler complaint

Post by neilwigan »

Before you read this don't get me wrong Wigan weren't good.

However i think that if it was a different referee we could have taken it closer. In my opinion Ben Thaler had an awful game. How did he let that try go through?

Also i would like to raise the point that everyone says Wigan fans always talk rubbish about the referee. But i start to get the feeling sometimes they are bias against us!
cherry and white,
it's in our blood,
ancient and loyal,
until we die!!!
follow me on twitter for the latest news from the sporting world and my views on them:https://twitter.com/N_Boardman
Also it would be great if you would check out my blog:
sportbloguk.wordpress.com
Kittwazzer

Re: Ben Thaler complaint

Post by Kittwazzer »

This post did not warrant a separate thread
Kiwiseddon

Re: Ben Thaler complaint

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I do not believe that the refs are biassed. Useless sometime, yes. Make bad decisions, yes.

Up to today I've had no problems with refs other than Alibert just because he's weak but today there's no doubt that Thaler had a massive impact on the game.
But here's the rub, I don't want to have to blame reffing for our losses. That's the talk of losers. in every walk of life, if someone finds a reason for their failings 'being someone elses fault' the they are a loser. With refs, you have to take the rough with the smooth. I haven't seen one mention of the decisions we got in our favour when we beat Leeds last year in the CC final but they're there to see. We just choose to ignore them now. The Leeds fans, quite rightly are saying what goes around comes around. In a way that means that they accept that they had the rub of the green but we should've just found a way to beat them and we didn't. The ref is to blame but so are we. And we can't do anything about the ref. So let's concentrate on what we can fix. Next week. Smash London and get back on track.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."