Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nellywelly

Re: Fielden

Post by nellywelly »

Kittwazzer wrote:
nellywelly wrote: Two wrongs dont make it right,he is trying to get back to full fitness and if our doctors say he is alright to try then he has done no wrong. I cant believe the bitterness amongst you guys and I for one would never crucify a guy for trying to get fit. You are blaiming him for getting a good deal which is just silly grow up and join the real world I for one would not blame any player for taking the wages he has been paid and agreed on.The wages are part of his agreed contract and will include payment when injured this is only right and I would not expect any differnt from a responsable club like ours. I hope the bile which comes from you is returned by your employer when your injured
I could do a DaveO and take your post apart bit by bit but frankly, I can't be arsed.

I was pilloried on here by someone for dredging up a 2009 thread. 2009 FFS when he was in his 3rd year with us and people were still asking when he was planning to justify the money he had cost us!

But people conveniently forget all that and choose to remember a guy who singlehandedly saved us from relegaton. Well that is bollocks as well, he wasn't all that good!

But the ultimate proof is on Twitter, or rather not on it!

And the people on here who follow @StuartFielden29 and the rest of the players will know what I mean!

You want to look at football where teams like Man city have to pay silly money to players who will not leave, but it still is not the players fault if they are over paid and given daft contracts thats down to the poor management and i for one dont blame them. They have only a short time in there carriers to make as much money as they can and on this. Fielden is genualy injured his he not and thus deserves the pay he is getting. If our management is paying him to much thats there fault not his, his pay was reveiwed when he signed a new contract and I dont know how much he is recieving but that was agreed by our present management and if you think he was a poor bargain for what we pay there is only one person to blame thats our chaiman not Fielden
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

So Lenegan gives him a 2 year deal, gets 3 matches for his trouble and its HIS fault? Fair enough, sack the chairman and give SF another deal. At least he'll keep the physio in a job!
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Kittwazzer wrote:So Lenegan gives him a 2 year deal, gets 3 matches for his trouble and its HIS fault? Fair enough, sack the chairman and give SF another deal. At least he'll keep the physio in a job!
YES if he is paying him to much thats what you are saying HE IS OVERPAID well who signed him up on this present contract ??? As regards the time he has been injured well that can happen to any player in this sport and I believe he is injured and not pulling the wool over anybodys eyes so it goes back to his contract DO YOU THINK HE IS OVERPAID ? if so the chairman is to blaim
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I suspect most of the people who are all for sacking Fielden have never played sport to a high standard. Or are not athletes who know what it feels like to have an injury, and the frustration that causes when not being able to train.

WestStand Rich competes in Ironman events and ultra marathons, I compete in triathlons, there will be others on here who also do sport and I'm pretty sure that they will all know the feeling of utter frustration that you get when you're injured and you can't train. I've had many injuries in the past couple of years. None of them as serious as Stu's but frustrating nonetheless. I had plantar fasciitis a few months ago and it has ruined my summer. I still tried to train on it and rush the healing, but I just ended up making it worse.

The fact of the matter is that the club has a duty to Stu, to pay him his wage. If they sacked him, they'd have to pay him the rest of his contract, which would still count on the salary cap. People using Joel as an example, the only way he got out of his contract was to have it bought out by the Union club. There are no shenanegins going on, it's just the way that things are.

Stu isn't stealing a wage ffs, he's trying to get back to fitness and in the process, he's either rushing it, against Dr's orders, or he's picking up an injury in another part of his body because he's overtrained that area, because he can't do full body work outs.
As any sportsperson will tell you, as soon as you lose the drive and hunger for a sport, it's game over. I certainly don't think this is the case for Stu. He's still hungry and the only thing that he can be accused of is trying to rush things and get back sooner to playing the game that he loves.

Maybe people should take their blinkers off and try to be a bit more objective. Very little is as black and white as you make out. Sometimes, it's actually good to look at things from a different perspective and see a different side to an argument. It's not illegal to change your mind and see someone elses point of view.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nellywelly wrote:
medlocke wrote:
GBH wrote: Bloody harsh hes been injured and got reinjured trying to get back, hate for you to have time off sick!
and yet numerous members on here and RLfans constantly called for the release of Amos Roberts when he was injured, yet again we double standards, if the player is nearly 33 and keeps having set backs while trying to get back to match fitness then surely he should be able to work out that he is now past it and his body is trying to tell him that, i seem to recall Seu Seu being talked into leaving when he was past it so we could bring Stu in, yet Stu seems to want to linger on and take up essential cap space, is it good for the club to be paying a big chunk of the cap to a player that hasn't played in 2 years, not good business is it

Two wrongs dont make it right,he is trying to get back to full fitness and if our doctors say he is alright to try then he has done no wrong. I cant believe the bitterness amongst you guys and I for one would never crucify a guy for trying to get fit. You are blaiming him for getting a good deal which is just silly grow up and join the real world I for one would not blame any player for taking the wages he has been paid and agreed on.The wages are part of his agreed contract and will include payment when injured this is only right and I would not expect any differnt from a responsable club like ours. I hope the bile which comes from you is returned by your employer when your injured
Where is the bitterness in my reply to a question???
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

God wrote:This thred is bollocks. If people think Fielden is stealing a wage because hes been injured for so long obviously dont know the bloke.

Why the f*** would a professional rugby league player with the desire Fielden has for the game want to just sit about and steal a wage.

I know lets get rid of Pat, Tommy and Dudson after all they are injured and stealing a wage.

Lets get rid of the serving soldiers injured in the line of duty, sack them.

Get rid of the coppers stealing a wage who are injured in the line of duty.

Whats the difference? The only thing Fielden is guilty of is rushing the process of recovery and if you think for one second hes done it on purpose to "steal a wage" then your on glue or not right in the head. You dont know the man.

"Playing the system" go and boil your heads.
:eusa2:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

God wrote:This thred is bollocks. If people think Fielden is stealing a wage because hes been injured for so long obviously dont know the bloke.

Why the f*** would a professional rugby league player with the desire Fielden has for the game want to just sit about and steal a wage.

I know lets get rid of Pat, Tommy and Dudson after all they are injured and stealing a wage.

Whats the difference? The only thing Fielden is guilty of is rushing the process of recovery and if you think for one second hes done it on purpose to "steal a wage" then your on glue or not right in the head. You dont know the man.

:lol:
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

:eusa2:
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

cant believe this thread has been left to run ,complete stupidity
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

stevo38 wrote:cant believe this thread has been left to run ,complete stupidity
I think was important to let it run to illustrate how blinkered people can be over an issue like this.

I have to say that like others, I am getting increasingly frustrated with how this forum is developing into an ego contest rather than a forum where FRIENDS discuss RL.

Shame.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."