Re: Wigan 27, Bradfordd 28

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan vs. Bradford: Pr...

Post by DaveO »

proud_pie_eater posted:

I totaly disagree with you on near enough everything you say!

Kevin Brown made a good pass and if Dallas looked and knew the ball was coming to him they both would have been hailed heroes.
Sorry but this is complete rubbish. It was a bad pass that went like a bullet in his own 22 no one had a hope in hell of catching. It went past two Wigan players into touch. He didn't look where he was throwing it. It was an awful pass technically. Add to that you have to ask why was he trying something daft like that in his own 22? He didn't need to do it. Not only was it a poor pass it was a needless pass. In the end it cost us six points as they scored from the next set of six.

If the above isn't the definition of poor play I don't know what is.
Vaieliki, yes missed a tackle, but played well throughout the game. Criticising players will not make them a better team.
Of course it will. Saying nothing when they screw up is a sure fire way of NOT making them better players.
A few daft tackles, yes, but Wigan played good ball at points and were impressive with their attack and defence throughout the game (despite errors); Moran especially was putting his body on the line every tackle. The game was exciting and they kept the ball alive when they got near the try line but I agree they need to stop making silly off loads and they need to get serious.
The score says we blew it.
Bradford were dirrty last night and caused a lot of injuries to the players that were making an impact on the game. The driving force and the field influence was taken away from Wigan at the end and Bradford sneaked in with two (lucky) tries that won the game. If Wigan won it would have been well deserved and everyone would be praising them and everything they did rather than criticising the non perfect performance they saw. When is a unpredictable game of Rugby League perfect?
You are being far too generous. The reason we pick up injuries in the game is our side is too small. It is not the first time we have let leads slip like this. We did it several times last season and so to see it happen again is not very good. It is the same with Brown. He was guilty of passing into touch on more than one occiasion last season. He is now experienced enough to know better.
I dont think Wigan have had a bad start to the season, I think the way they have been playing has been positive and they definatly have something to build on but they need to go that extra mile! They still need to push that little bit at the end of the match and they shouldnt relax until the buzzer goes, echos of Great Britain coming through there.

The team is not bad and as soon as they get it together they will be a brilliant team. Once the "Andy Farrell saga" is over and the team know where they stand, they will be able to move on. Lets just hpoe it happens soon. Injuries at the moment are impeeding Wigans progrees but I have every faith in the team that I love! See you all at Widnes :wink:
If you think losing away to Wakefield and at home to a poor Bradford side is a good start to the season you think differently than me. Ask a Bulls fan if they think one win in three is a good start and I don't think you will fins many who say yes.

Dave
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

OK Dave I will [for now] bow down to your supirior knowledge (well opinion) of the game! you must have had a better view than me, and when I have had the opertunity to watch the game again I will be back to argure my case! :)
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

What the hell were bradford doing in the tackles, most of our innjured players, it was their knees that they had hurt
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3