Stevo Says...........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Johnny

Re: Stevo Says...........

Post by Southern Johnny »

I'm ready to sign it too. Dunno if swearing is allowed here, but Union have definitely got it over League as far as commentators go (Sky Sports) Sit here with the wife week in week out with the sound off when Baldy and Hair dye are on, ruins the whole experience, no atmosphere!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Southern Johnny posted:
I'm ready to sign it too. Dunno if swearing is allowed here, but Union have definitely got it over League as far as commentators go (Sky Sports) Sit here with the wife week in week out with the sound off when Baldy and Hair dye are on, ruins the whole experience, no atmosphere!!
Can't we have what they have on the Premership games and a fanzone commentating. Imagine a Good Friday game with 2 supportes commenting. It would be more evenly balanced commentary team. As lets be honest Stevo does not like us. And at ti,es it shows.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Got to be honest in Wales we have the best commentator on Rugby in Jonathon Davies his insight into the game of Union as well as League is fantastic.

Pity no club has approached him re coaching as he could be exceptional. Hes like Alan Hansen without the smarmmy look.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

I'm going to be controversial and say I like Eddie and Stevo. What other sport has such people who create such dispute amongst fans? I'd much rather have this controversial duo than the barely articulate ex-players that other sports use. Ours is a special sport, I'm happy to have a number of things to make it unique and Eddie and Stevo are certainly unique.

As for Jonathan Davies, he wouldn't be so bad except he keeps forgetting what sport he's watching (commenting on union rules whilst watching league, and vice-versa). He also keeps comparing the current game to what it was like 10 years ago when he last played although at least it's only 10 years ago not 70 like with Ray French.

Having said all that, I'm sat here listening on GMR due to the fact I'm too ill to be at Wigan, again they've got some barely articulate co-commentator along with the excellent Jack Dearden :(
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Guess He was spot on for a change. You could see it coming from the 75 min. Were is serious danger this season. Top 6 will not happen.

Bradford are a poor side what the heck does that make us. With 2 going down we need to start winning or were going into a dog fight. This is not a knee jerk reaction but looking at both matches in the last week we have no real muscle power up front. Guisse did well but were loosing players to injury every week almost.

And that was almost our srtonger side out with only Carney missing.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

As much as I can't stand hearing Stevo go on about the opposition, I wouldn't want someone pro Wigan. It would just be boring, even the Bradford fans don't believe he's pro Bratfud.

I'm a bit gutted that we haven't learned. Last year we did it, we would be winning all the way through the match and then just give up. We've done the same tonight but I hope this time we will learn. I think we played really well tonight, I don't think Bradford were "poor" at all. GMR are no more pro Wigan than Skysports are. On that subject why are Warrington (cheshire) and Saints (merseyside) covered in their commentary?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Southern Johnny posted:
No swearing allowed here! My dad does the same, he sits and watches it without any sound. He would love it if they did what they do with footy and have it so you could watch it without commentary.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Absolutely no swearing here!

Even if S|#*o is an idiot.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He tipped bradford at the beginning and turned to wigan when we were leading! Also if clarkey says his predictions this season have come true why the hell did he tip bradford?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3