The True Meaning of Ancient and Loyal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

The True Meaning of Ancient and Loyal

Post by thegimble »

On Teletext:

Radlinski rejected an approach from the RFU.

I quote

"There was an approach from the RFU but i said i was under contract with Wigan for 2 more years and i have no ambition to play union"

This is the true meaning of the clubs moto. To lose him would be just as crushing as Faz going. Betts give him the captaincy now on a permanent basis. Even if Faz stays until the end of the season give it to Kris.

Amazing he is not lured by the big money just like Faz is. This in my view puts Faz in a bad light.

Over the last few years he has been just as important as Faz. Wakefield in the play offs last season he was incredible and the tackle on Cunningham in the Challenge cup where he stopped the ball with his foot on the line.

Who said we needed a leader we already have one.
The Hedonic Calculator

Re: The True Meaning of Ancien...

Post by The Hedonic Calculator »

I thought it had something to do with the civil war. While I applaud Rads' loyalty, he's hardly ancient! But I agree that he is the best candidate for the role of captain at the moment.
THE PIANO HAS BEEN DRINKING

not me.
thegimble

Re: The True Meaning of An...

Post by thegimble »

The Hedonic Calculator posted:
I thought it had something to do with the civil war. While I applaud Rads' loyalty, he's hardly ancient! But I agree that he is the best candidate for the role of captain at the moment.
Hes the only candidate now. He has shown where his heart is. Faz shown his heart is not here anymore.
gab0512

Post by gab0512 »

Having read the comments from Leicester today, what's the betting that no RU club would want to take him, and he has to retract everything.

Will an apology be good enough if this were the case?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

gab0512 posted:
Having read the comments from Leicester today, what's the betting that no RU club would want to take him, and he has to retract everything.

No it would not. He has styed too quiet on this not a word from him.

Even if he had to do a u turn id have Radlinski as Captain. We would be Farrell's second choice and he should then be ours.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

thegimble posted:
gab0512 posted:

No it would not. He has styed too quiet on this not a word from him.

Even if he had to do a u turn id have Radlinski as Captain. We would be Farrell's second choice and he should then be ours.
Dont talk "rubbish", the guy has given his all for 13 years to this club, you dont treat someone who has done that like you have just suggested. You give us real fans a bad name.

"MrsLam says - Language people! Even if I am getting near to drunk and very peed off I still know whats acceptable and what isn't, but I don't know if I've spelt rubbish or "spelt" correctly. Anyway..."
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ChrisA posted:
thegimble posted:
gab0512 posted:

Dont talk bollox, the guy has given his all for 13 years to this club, you dont treat someone who has done that like you have just suggested. You give us real fans a bad name.
So then who do you think the players will respect then a guy who is going to union for the money or a guy who will stay and loose out financially. He could go for a new challenge or more money but Radlinski will stay and fight whilst Farrel will take the money and run.

If Farrell stays because the deal collapses on financial terms then how can u excpect players to have the same respect for him now as they did a few weeks ago. as he was willing to leave if terms are met. He has been paid well and looked after well by the club.

Its amazing how you excpect fans to stay loyal and players not.
mario

Re: The True Meaning of Ancien...

Post by mario »

How do you know what Faz is thinking? If he does want to go, have you thought it might be because Wigan are too willing to let him?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gab0512 posted:
Who, retract what?

Farrell hasn't said a thing about his move to RU. Not a dicky bird.

Dave
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
gab0512 posted:
Who, retract what?

Farrell hasn't said a thing about his move to RU. Not a dicky bird.

Dave

Yes excactly he could deny it if they are not true ot come out and say what his intensions are if they are true.

What is annoying the crap out of me now is Wigan will pay his wages and treatment bill op bills and ERFU will get the benefit.

If he is going when fit then he should go now and let us get some sort of cover even if only a loan.
Its unfair on everyone at the club. The RFU are taking advantage of the club. If he is going then they should foot is injury bill.

Its totally out of order for them now to talk about his injury problems and start delaing the deal until the club get him fully fit and then he goes.