Car Park Charges

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Car Park Charges

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
Mike posted:
On friday I parked outside the carparks on the way down from Pemberton. There is plenty of space for now and you can walk away from the stadium out of the gridlock of the car parks without leaving early. It was a good move. My car is parked in moss side normally so I have no security worries - I'd recommend parking outside the car parks... I for one am not going to be paying a charge to park for Wigan matches. I dont know what the residents around the staduim are going to think after a while though?
The Council gave us the option last year of having 'residents only' parking - we turned it down.
I have no problem with a £2 fee being charged so long as it only benefits the Warriors, if it is to subsidise policing for the Latics game then Mr Whelan can go take a running jump.
Paul Howard

Post by Paul Howard »

. I wonder when the resurfacing will begin, I like wheelspinning on gravel

was it you who left the marks in the gravel last good friday, i just presumed it was the saints fans dragging the knuckles.
mario

Post by mario »

robjoenz posted:
As of Saturday 5th March (a football match day).

Takes the mickey doesn't it. The notice says that local police have suggested increased presence, that obviously doesn't mean for the rugby. However, they have said money will also go towards resurfacing, to keep us sweet no doubt. I wonder when the resurfacing will begin, I like wheelspinning on gravel :(
perhaps they mean resurfacing the pitch.
casper

Post by casper »

If you are all Season Ticket Holders, have a look at the small print it clear states that as a Season Ticket holder we have FREE Car parking as they have 2500 spaces, it will cost MR WHEELAN more money to have our season tickets re printed as the season has only just started. who actually owns the grounds Mr wheelan or Wigan Council. come on you councillors out there you go and watch wigan can he do this, if he does start charging trading standards would get involved as our season tickets are a kind of contract and he would be breaking this agreement which we have in writing.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

casper posted:
If you are all Season Ticket Holders, have a look at the small print it clear states that as a Season Ticket holder we have FREE Car parking as they have 2500 spaces
Where does it say that? There's nowt about parking on my season ticket.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Asda have signs up saying no football or rugby parking, 1.5 hours max. Not sure how it's enforced though.
I've never seen it in operation but I guess the Asda group is quite good at enforcing this kind of thing. Across the road from the City of Manchester stadium and that ridiculous pile of giant metal sticks that's supposed to rival the Angel of the North (dunno how, maybe a contest to see which will rust away faster?) there's an Asda Supa-Dupa-Wunda Store or whatever they call the most giant of all Asda's and there are signs all over the place about this "No football parking" policy. I guess they have people in the car parks and if you're wearing football colours or with flags on the cars or something like that they'll ask you to leave.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
casper posted:
If you are all Season Ticket Holders, have a look at the small print it clear states that as a Season Ticket holder we have FREE Car parking as they have 2500 spaces
Where does it say that? There's nowt about parking on my season ticket.
From the official website http://www.wiganrl.com/MidContent.asp?cid=60:-
Season Ticket Holder Benefits

Free Car Parking: There are approximately 2500 free car parking spaces adjacent to the JJB Stadium. These are available on a first come, first served basis.
I'd ignored it before as there wasn't anything other than free car parking so it hardly seemed a benefit, but maybe they've been planning this for a while. It does kind of force the club into honouring free parking for season ticket holders, so I guess many of us on here will be ok. Might be worth printing out that page and sticking it in the car just in case though...

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Good work Batmen, I shall be emailing the JJB soon and I have printed off a copy of the Season Ticket Benefits for when I get grief off the stewards!

Don't boycott the use of the carpark guys, block the entrances instead!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
Good work Batmen, I shall be emailing the JJB soon
You'd better send them 50p in the post for the meter otherwise they won't want to switch on the PC to read your email.

[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

They seem ok at reading and replying to emails, Marios emailing them several times a week with little gripes, like not buying an away kit because they won't put in the shop near his house. Haha :wink: