How many will on tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OAMJSONA

How many will on tonight

Post by OAMJSONA »

How many people do you think we will get on tonight bareing in minds times are hard and money is tight
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

AlanF

Re: How many will on tonight

Post by AlanF »

I think the attendance will be very poor, just been on the ticketing site and 50-60% of seating still not sold. TV and weather won't help. I am going but a lot of people I know aren't bothering
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Plus if we lose we arent out of it so its not the last chance saloon - RFL have done their best to ruin all the tension from the playoffs
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

I think there will be less than 10,000 fans there and catalan wont bring a big following with them either.

Just shows what the fans think of the playof system

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

AlanF

Post by AlanF »

I think most fans agree the playoffs are nonsense and don't bother with them, the only people to disagee seem to be the people in charge. Do you think they ever actually read what fans think?
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

AlanF wrote:I think most fans agree the playoffs are nonsense and don't bother with them, the only people to disagee seem to be the people in charge. Do you think they ever actually read what fans think?
They may very well read it for all i know. But and here is the rub, they just ignore what the fans say, as they dont give a toss about the fans who pay their hard earned money to go and support there team.

The only way to make them sit up and take notice is with organised boycotts of the play offs and maybe and i use that word lighty, fans not attending the grand final, Now that would make them take notice. No one wants to see loads of plastic seats empty at a final in any sport.

That said i dont think it will ever happen as fans are fickle and will moan on here and in the pubs, but at the end of the day will attend playoff games and the grand final should there team make it that far.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I'm about to start out and shall fill one of those plastic seats. :D
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Even with the expected low attendance, the Saddle roundabout will still cause traffic problems,(on-going roadworks). If it's possible to get to the ground via Beech Hill or Norley, it's worth thinking about.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I heard 7,332
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

mickw wrote:a truly dreadful attendance,a pathetic non effort by so called great fans.

Oooooh mickw, controversial!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett